What are you eating/doing today ( Monday)

birdiegirl
on 12/26/16 3:58 am

RNY 7 Years 8 Months Post Op 

Morning 

I am sooooo glad Christmas is over eating wise.  Back on the horse for me  

EATS  

B  -  3 oz of roasted turkey 

2 TB of Splenda cranberries 

L -  3/4  cup of mashed turnip, my fav veggie

D  -  4 oz of roasted turkey 

3 TB of Splenda cranberries 

Bit of turnip, mashed potatoes and dressing 

S  -  PC Greek yogurt with 1 TB of steel cut oats 

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are :   Calories  -  865,  Carbs  -  95 Grams,  Protein  -  80 Grams

All water and vits.   Lots of coffee to fill in the blanc

Have a great one   

Patm
on 12/26/16 7:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I had purchased a turkey with the idea that I would have some left years. However my daughter waited to Christmas eve to tell me she was going to a friends. My BIL called to say he was too ill to come for dinner. We have a lot of left over turkey as well as vegetables that did not get cooked. On the plus side we toned down dinner and had a quiet dinner just the two of us.

This has been my worse year for over eating. So I am also back on the horse today. Purging the house of some of the crap. Out of sight and hopefully out of mind.

b greek yogurt, raspberries

l salad with turkey

d turkey with cranberry, acorn squash

cal 600, carb 53, prot 46 Need to add some protein at some point

birdiegirl
on 12/26/16 9:20 am

Bad virus going around.  My brother is sick and my mom as of this morning.  Ughh

I hear you re Christmas eating .  So glad to get back to basics, even though I'm out for dinner 4 nights this week.  Easier for me to be careful when ordering at a restaurant then to avoid treats that are in the house.

Patm
on 12/26/16 10:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Out to lunch tomorrow at Moxies. I hope they have a good menu. Out to dinner Thursday night but thinking I might try to get them to come here for turkey pot pies

crqvingchange
on 12/26/16 7:35 am

Birdie if I gave my husband turnip he would ask me what he had done wrong and why was I punishing him.

For us the holidays and parties continue until after New Year's Day.  So far the scale has held.  When I go to a party, I arrive with 2 very large iced decaf coffees.  That's 60oz right there that I drink throughout the evening.  I try to focus on socializing, but sometimes the host has their special whatever holiday food.  Being diabetic gives me the excuse of not overindulging and only having the smallest taste.  If I shower the host with praise and tell them I wish so much that I could have more, that seems to do the trick.  

Today, once again, no official exercise.  This drives my crazy and is not good for my emotional well being.  This was never the case before WLS, I was a sloth then. Tomorrow I get to go swimming.

The eats today are - lots of coffee, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, scallops and shrimp in garlic butter, SKYR yogurt with hemp, chia, buckwheat and protein powder.  We are at a party this evening so I may nibble on some cheese.

Have a great day everyone.  Make great choices, remember you have a goal and you are so worth it

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 12/26/16 9:22 am

Lol re the turnip.  My husband hates it too but I make 3 turnips for family.  Tastes even better the second day. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/16 11:46 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I sure hope you didn't end up with turnips like I did. I bought three big ones for dinner yesterday and they were all so darn stringy. That is the third time this year that has happened to me with turnip so informed them all that I am never serving it again. Thankfully o always make numerous veggie dishes. 

birdiegirl
on 12/26/16 11:54 am

Turnip I had this year was the best I've had in a long time.  It mashed up beautifully with some splenda brown sugar and a bit of buttah!  

I just had a dish for a snack.  Sorry yours was stringy.  That would be a catastrophe in my house at Christmas. 

I am happy with just the veggies at Christmas.   Can't eat it all and I know I should concentrate on high protein turkey so I use all the veggies for my snacks.

surrounded by sickness right now so just trying to stay hydrated and healthy so I can nurse all the others!  Hope your family is virus free. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/16 12:02 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I made four veggies besides the turnips and potatoes so all was good. Cooked a 23 lb turkey and 7 lb pork roast. Good thing I made lots as we can't head home today due to ice storms. No virus here thankfully. Just want the ice to stop so we can head home. I hope you manage to miss getting it yourself. 

birdiegirl
on 12/26/16 12:14 pm

Hate freezing rain.  Glad you are staying put.

My hands are raw from washing so often due to germs.  I just hope I can fly south before anything else hits!

Take care

Most Active
Recent Topics