What are you eating/doing today ( Saturday ) Christmas Eve

birdiegirl
on 12/24/16 3:46 am

RNY 7 Years 8 Months Post Op 

Morning 

Christmas Eve is my favorite.   Not as rushed and I don't have to cook.  I won't post on Christmas so sincerely wishing all a wonderful few days. 

EATS 

B  -  bagel with peanut butter 

L -  1  CUP of chili 

D  -  out to an old fashioned steak house with family.  The type of dining room that still makes the ceasar salad in front of you.

1 piece of garlic bread, garlic pickle and piece of feta ( I can go home after this )

3 oz of beef tenderloin 

Few bites broccoli 

Bite of baked potato 

2 bites of dessert 

Glass or 2 of red wine, I'm not driving

S -  PC GREEK yogurt with pain meds

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are :   Calories  -  1,847,  Carbs  -  183,   Protein  -  64.   

All water and vits 

Have a great one   

Monica9811
on 12/24/16 4:16 am - Peterborough, Canada

Merry Christmas Barb and all my OH Family. I really do enjoy coming to this site even if I don't post much. It's a big reason why I have managed to stay on track at almost 4 years now. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2017!!

birdiegirl
on 12/24/16 4:35 am

Hope 2017 is better for you Monica

Meggles07
on 12/24/16 4:27 am - Canada

Happy Christmas Eve everyone :)

Puppies woke me up at 6am again so I decided to be productive -- I have laundry in and the kitchen is all cleaned up. We baked cookies yesterday and had my parents over for dinner, so the kitchen was a disaster!! 

I made up a recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies -- I sweetened them with a banana, SF torani, and Splenda. My parents said you couldn't tell they didn't have "real" sugar. I'm working on perfecting the recipe because my first batch  (a few days ago) wasn't sweet enough. I figure one banana across 24 cookies isn't much sugar per cookie :) I put the recipe in MFP and it said 5g of sugar per cookie. I will accept that as a reasonable substitute over the holidays lol.

We are going to different family things today so my eating will be a bit messed up. I will do my best to stay on track.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch 1 - zucchini lasagna

Lunch 2 - unknown but I'm guessing meat and veg

Dinner - TBD probably a bunch of apps or finger foods

Snack - I'm not sure I will need one after eating all day

All water and vits.

birdiegirl
on 12/24/16 4:30 am

Your cookies sound good.  Enjoy

crqvingchange
on 12/24/16 4:32 am

Good morning everyone.  Birdie your dinner is making my mouth water.  

Our internet seems fixed, fingers crossed.  They came out yesterday afternoon, and so far we have not lost the connection once.  Posting on my phone is such a pain because sometimes it is painfully slow and I don't catch the predictive text corrections until after I hit submit.

This morning I have to go and pick up a platter that I ordered and that we will be taking to a Christmas Eve party.  Sometimes it's just easier to take the food you know you can eat.  I know they will have lobster,  cheeses and fruit tonight, so I'm not too worried.

No formal exercise today.  Like Birdie, I probably won't post tomorrow, so I also want to wish everyone a very Merry and Safe Christmas.  May we all be able to make good or at least reasonable choices over the holidays.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 12/24/16 4:37 am

Enjoy CC.  

Re food choices, I already have my menu for Dec 26th plugged into MYFITNESSPAL.   I'm  so ready for normal routines.

Patm
on 12/24/16 6:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Kids for dinner and staying for Breakfast tomorrow. Already have dinner for tonight made just need to make a salad.

I am going to try to go to an LCBO. Figure it will be crazy but want a bottle of Scotch to include in DH gift

b coffee

l ha/lentil/pea soup

d lasagna, salad

s probably stuff I should not eat

Have a Merry Christmas everyone

birdiegirl
on 12/24/16 7:11 am

Love your snack!!  lol

I do not envy you going to the LCBO today or near any store.  I made the mistake of going to Fortino's yesterday to buy 2 items.  Took 45 minutes in the 1 - 8 line up.

Enjoy your family Pat

Patm
on 12/24/16 11:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

LCBO wasn't too bad.

Have a great Christmas

Most Active
Recent Topics