sashimi and seaweed (nori)

thisgirl
on 12/21/16 5:47 am

Anyone try nori to wrap anything? Anyone eat it post op? Yesterday I had ceviche for the first time post-op (almost 7 weeks PO) and it went well. So I'm thinking what about sashimi? Maybe doing nori rolls with some imitation crab and avocado without the rice?

(surgery - Nov 4)

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/16 7:23 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I have used nori, I like the little packets they have that are meant for a snack.  Sashimi can be eaten as soon as you are cleared for solids.  It is protein after all.

thisgirl
on 12/21/16 7:42 am

And you tolerated it well the nori?

I'm thinking of doing wraps with the larger sushi ones. Yum!

(surgery - Nov 4)

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/16 7:45 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I tolerate everything so your mileage may vary.  If you are planning on trying it, I'd try some when you don't have company and that you are at home in case it is an issue.  So many have issues with eggs but I have always been able to tolerate them.  We are all so different that what works for one may not work for others.  I always tried new foods at home so I wouldn't be embarassed should it not agree with me.

thisgirl
on 12/21/16 8:53 am

That's a good idea thanks! I def will do that though so far I haven't had issues either.

(surgery - Nov 4)

Toronto Girl
on 12/21/16 8:27 am

Maybe try the Nori wrap around some canned tuna? That is really tasty!

I haven't tried sushi yet but am looking forward to it!

TWH Referral April 1 2015. Orientation July 2015. Social worker Aug 20. Nurse Aug 27. Nutrition Sept 14. Dietitian Nov 18. Psyc Nov 20. Meet surgeon Mar 4. Surgery Oct 21 (deferred because of travel). Dr. Jackson. 
HW 291, SW 276.

Most Active
Recent Topics