Status if Referal

Harshan
on 12/16/16 7:17 am

Hello,

Is there anywhere you can contact to find out the status of your referal? Thanks. 

Teena D.
on 12/16/16 8:34 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

You will have to speak with the doctor that referred you.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Teena D.
on 12/16/16 8:34 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Oh you can also call the hospital you were referred  to and they can tell you if they have it.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Patm
on 12/17/16 8:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

All referrals go through the Ontario Bariatric Network. You can check with them if your doctors referral was received. They decide which program you are referred to

smash150
on 12/17/16 12:30 pm

I was referred by my doctor on November 29th. I got a letter in the mail December 15th, with information about orientation which I will have to attend in Guelph on January 12th. My doctor also called me on Friday (December 16) with "important appointment information"  but I missed the call so I'm  not sure it it was about the orientation or something else. 

Harshan
on 12/20/16 6:18 am

Thank you all for taking the time out to respond.

My bmi is 38 when my doctor sent in tge referal. I am currently taking synthroid and effexor for hypothyroid and depression/ anxiety.

Anyone is a simular situation that was approved for tge surgery?

The closest bariatric center to me is Humber River, anyone familliar with typical weight times there?

Do you typically get refered to the closest center to you?

I'm glad I found this forum, its so helpful to have people to talk to. 

Cwood
on 12/21/16 3:23 pm

Hi there.

I am new to all this. 

My doctor today called and said she will ...finally approve me after me begging and pleading.

My BMI is 36. I too am Hypo. Also on synthroid. ...also on blood presume pills and scheduled for surgery due to stress incontinence.  Hoping it helps some of my issues...

Good luck to us both.

Most Active
Recent Topics