Sleep study

Sourieverte
on 12/15/16 12:53 pm

Had my sleep study last night.  Hard to fall asleep with all those wires.  Got told that I did snore and had some sleep apnea both of which I didn't know and my heart rate was high.  Have to wait until the end of January to see the dr.  Hopefully nothing serious and still can have the surgery.  

Manda32
on 12/15/16 6:08 pm

I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea in May as part of the tests we have to do after orientation. I did not know I had it before hand either.

Sleep apnea will not stop you from having surgery. You will have to be on a CPAP machine (unless your sleep apnea is mild, than I'm not sure if CPAP is necessary). Surgery can improve or resolve sleep apnea.

THe high heart rate, I don't know if that's due to the sleep apnea or not, but sleep apnea itself will not prevent you from surgery. I was just approved to go onto the SUrgical phase, and I have severe sleep apnea.

Try not to stress to much and wait and see what the doctor says. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck.

Teena D.
on 12/16/16 8:37 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

There's a forum on here for people with sleep apnea- it's considered one of the co-morbidities if your BMI is between 35 and 40 to be approved for surgery.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
Recent Topics