Questions About Panni and Insurance

Carbasics
on 12/15/16 6:30 am - Etobicoke, Canada

hey everyone I wrote something last time here saying I was gonna get my panni done December 6th but it got changed to January 25. I'm still excited and counting down the days so hopefully it will pass quickly, but I have a question about upgrading the procedure and if any of you Canadians have had any help with your insrurance? I've been back and forth with the insurance and the surgeons receptionist but now the insurance wants a full detailed estimate of everything the doctor is using. I guess all I'm asking is if the insurance works or am I just being annoying with the doctors receptionist? Lol by the way I have desjardins. Thank you all.

Referral sent- January 31/14 Referral received- February 14/14 Information Session TWH- April 2/14 Social Worker- April 7/14 Nurse PractitionerApril 7/14 Psychometry- April 22/14 Nutrition ClassMay 6/14 Nutrition Assessment- May 16/14 Meet Surgeon - June 5/14 Surgery Date - June 23/14

Leslie W.
on 12/15/16 2:28 pm - Cobourg, Canada

If your surgeon works with OHIP and your panni is approved then OHIP pays for it. I don't know of any private insurance covering plastic surgery fees such as upgrading to full tt. It is very rare that an insurance will cover ps. You need to review your coverage. Many employers wont even cover your time off for elective ps.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
sk8muffsmom
on 12/17/16 5:30 am - Canada

I also am with Desjardins, and no they didn't cover any of my plastics...... I had called to enquirer. I had the OHIP panni, muscle repair, (due to a large hernia) & a breast reduction. All were OHIP funded except for the liposuction. But in the same calendar year I had a self pay thigh lift and did summit all self pay charges to income taxes at year end. 

Susan40
on 12/17/16 8:27 am - Canada

I am 3 months post TT and arm lift,  I self paid cause it was easier and faster (def not cheap) either way it's sooooooo worth it!!!   Good luck! 

Most Active
Recent Topics