I'm approved!!!!

Manda32
on 12/14/16 7:45 am

Had my extra follow up with the Social worker, and follow up with the doctor yesterday, and I got signed off!

I'm so relieved and happy! Wasn't sleeping well the week leading to my appointment. Had a nice long sleep lastnight though lol

I picked Guelph, and the Doctor is recommending the VSG for me. I'm prepared to 'fight' for the VSG if the surgeon differs, but the doctor told me they generally go by his recommendations.

They have a surgical class next week, not sure yet if I'll get in. They take a day or two to go through your files, and then book you for the surgical class. The nurse I saw before the doctor said my file should be done for Friday, so should be able to get me in, but I'm viewing it as a fifty fifty shot. Either way, next Monday or in January is fine by me. I'm just happy I'm moving towards the surgical phase, and I know I'll still have to have patience, because it could be many months before I have the surgery, so I'm telling myself to relax lol...it will happen when its meant to.

For anyone whose gone through Windsor, do they weigh you at the surgical class?

I've definitely had ups and downs so far through this process, but it will get better, and for everyone whose going through this process please know that, and you'll get there when your meant to.

Good luck to all. Enjoy the holidays coming up.

sweetart
on 12/14/16 7:53 am - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

Yes, they weigh you at the surgical class. :) Good luck to you!

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

Manda32
on 12/14/16 8:04 am

Thanks!!

skinny_gigi
on 12/14/16 8:23 am

Congrats! i was approved today as well! so i was told guelph was a possibility...but maybe not.  my file will go to rounds...and i'm guessing i'll get a call...

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Manda32
on 12/15/16 12:45 pm

Congrats to you too! It's a great feeling to move onto the next phase. Best of luck.

Teena D.
on 12/14/16 8:27 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

That's great! And Guelph has no back log so you should be getting a date very soon!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Kathy1212
on 12/14/16 9:16 am

Congratulations, that's great news!  So happy for you!

Mom2Chi
on 12/14/16 2:12 pm

Great news Manda!! I've been thinking about you.

I had my surgical ed class on Oct24, saw Dr Grantcharov at St Mike's on Dec 6, and will be having my surgery on Jan 9th.  It's going by quickly now....you will be there soon!

HW 260 SW 239 CW 145
RNY JAN 9/2017 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Manda32
on 12/15/16 12:47 pm

Thanks for the kind words.  Wow that's fast, for surgery! I wish you the best of luck and recovery. Let me know how it goes.

leeann73
on 12/14/16 2:25 pm

That is great news!  Hope I can share the same thing after next Tuesday!

Lee-Ann

Most Active
Recent Topics