Average calorie intake post op

thisgirl
on 12/11/16 1:24 pm

Until you're in maintenance, what's the average calorie intake.

My nutritionist said 800 as the max. Seems like too much though some days I'm within 100-200 and sometimes less. But I feel like I'm overeating. Is that normal?

(surgery - Nov 4)

skinny_gigi
on 12/11/16 1:26 pm

are you losing weight?

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

thisgirl
on 12/11/16 1:29 pm

I am. Seems slow-ish but I am. 

(surgery - Nov 4)

skinny_gigi
on 12/11/16 1:33 pm

the reason i ask is i asked the dietician at my one-on-one about calories and she said concentrate on the right proteins and not to focus too much on calories.  that's a bit awkward for me but i'm trusting the advice...if you are losing weight i think it means you're doing it right.

good luck!

thisgirl
on 12/11/16 1:46 pm

Thanks!-I get between 50-65 g a day of protein. Sometimes though as little as 40 on really bad days

(surgery - Nov 4)

marielewis
on 12/11/16 2:01 pm

Calorie intake is a funny thing because there are more factors than just a number   Activity level would allow for more calories.   But your main focus should be protein intake   It's very important to get lots of protein.  A huge one is it helps slow down hair loss 

birdiegirl
on 12/11/16 2:12 pm

800 may be normal at 6 or 7 months post op.  Just work on your protein and fluids at this point.  Measure your servings and stop when done.   The first 4 Months I rarely got above 500 calories.  Take full advantage of your honeymoon first 6 months.  

To the poster who indicated you can eat more with activity...NO, NO, NO.  Please, don't eat exercise calories back.  Measure, weigh,  portion, eat, put fork down.

thisgirl
on 12/11/16 2:15 pm

I was only around 600 when doing shakes. But there's no way I can get in 60g of protein and not be around 800. :( I'm still trying to focus on protein bc I get full quickly. She insisted I try veg and fruit and I'm like with protein and I can barely do it.

Whoever said rny was the easy way out is out of their minds. This is tough!

(surgery - Nov 4)

skinny_gigi
on 12/11/16 3:41 pm

You could try this protein.  I get it from costco.  if you have 2 shakes you're already at 70 grams of protein...and only 150 calories per shake.  I use it now and I plan to continue to use it post OP.

thisgirl
on 12/11/16 3:46 pm

They ask that you eat actual food for protein and make it dense protein.

(surgery - Nov 4)

Most Active
Recent Topics