Two Questions

Kathy1212
on 12/5/16 11:46 am

Hello all,

I hope you're having a nice day.  I have two questions:

1. Is anyone here on Youtube, vlogging your journey?  If so, can I have a link so I can watch?  Thanks.
  2.  Why can't we get the Optifast soups here in Canada, but they are available in the US?  I was watching one gal's Youtube videos and her Optifast has the shakes, plus bars and soups.  I'd love to have something hot for winter.

Thanks!

crqvingchange
on 12/5/16 6:11 pm

Ask your Bariatric Centre.  Maybe they'll special order in the soup and bars for you.  We can't buy Optifast without a prescription, so it's best to get it through your Centre.  For most people it's only 2 weeks and some are allowed broth, so they are able to suffer through it.  How long are you supposed to be on Opti for?

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 12/7/16 10:46 am

Thank you.

I'm going to be on Opti for 3 weeks.  I don't mind shakes but it's so snowy and cold here that it would be nice to have something hot.  I'll ask when  I go for my presurgery visit in January.

AllyceMargaret
on 12/5/16 8:54 pm, edited 12/5/16 1:10 pm

There is a gentleman on here by the name of Skotti, and he has documented his journey from the beginning.

He is super thorough in his videos, and happens to explain even the smallest things. I'm sure you have seen him floating around the Ontario forum, or even spoke to him!

Just go to Youtube and search: Skotti RNY. Then go to his channel and go alllllll the way back. It's absolutely amazing. 
I DID bawl my eyes ou****ching, because you end up filled with so much knowledge, hope and then absolute pride for his journey!!!

- Allyce 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Referral: September 15 2016 Orientation: December 12 2016 Social Worker: March 23 2017 Nurse Practitioner: April 05 2017 Nutrition Assessment Class: April 11 2017 Dietitian Appointment: June 13 2017 Psych Appointment: July 06 2017 Surgeon Appointment: September 29th 2017 Pre-op Appointment: January 22 2018

Surgery: Feb 12 2018

Instagram: @TheShrinkingDiary

Kathy1212
on 12/7/16 10:57 am

Thank you, Allyce.  I found his channel and subscribed!

AllyceMargaret
on 12/7/16 11:04 am

You are very welcome!

There is also a girl named Tamara Lynn on Youtube. 

She is from Alaska. Although she hasn't posted in a few months, I absolutely love her. 
She's so sweet, and always so happy. She'll curse a time or two, but she's actually so funny. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Referral: September 15 2016 Orientation: December 12 2016 Social Worker: March 23 2017 Nurse Practitioner: April 05 2017 Nutrition Assessment Class: April 11 2017 Dietitian Appointment: June 13 2017 Psych Appointment: July 06 2017 Surgeon Appointment: September 29th 2017 Pre-op Appointment: January 22 2018

Surgery: Feb 12 2018

Instagram: @TheShrinkingDiary

ShoshanaRNY
on 12/5/16 10:39 pm
RNY on 11/30/16

I'm on YouTube if you search my name Shoshana RNY. I have a few videos up and a have surgery last Wednesday. 

Kathy1212
on 12/7/16 11:18 am

Thank you, Shoshana. I watched your first video already, and subscribed.  Looking forward to joining you on your journey.

Kathy

KerryF.
on 12/6/16 9:22 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I believe the answer is because Canada has people using OptiFast 900  and the soup and bars are only OptiFast 800  and so not in our medical plan    as for something hot for the winter you can make hot chocolate with the OptiFast 900   as per the "Optifast recipe book" provided by Toronto Western Hosp  you can use ho****er (not boiling) to make hotchocolate and you can add mint extract too :)

I drank all 3 weeks of my opti hot chocolate with nothing added to it and lost about a pound a day if I remember correctly  it's been a few years

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Kathy1212
on 12/7/16 11:39 am

Thank you, Kerry.  I didn't know we could make hot chocolate with our Opti; that's fantastic news!   I also didn't know there were different kinds of Optifast (800 and 900).  I"m going through St. Joseph's so hopefully will get a recipe book from them.  It's weird, as I wrote St. Joseph's, I realized it's been a big part of my life.  My elementary school was called St. Joseph's School, and my high school was (an all girl's Catholic school) called Mount St. Joseph's College.  Now I'm going to St. Joseph's again, to graduate from fat to fit, lol.

I noticed your weight loss in your signature, OMG, that is incredible!  Congratulations!  I'll have to add a signature one of these days. I still haven't been able to add a photo because it crashes firefox whenever I try (but can add photos to my blog no problem).

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics