I ate pizza 6 days post-op!

Patm
on 12/5/14 9:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Yeah pizza not agreat idea. Remember why you had this surgery. Why you had major surgery to correct a problem you had. You have a year to 18 mths of honeymoon stag to lose the weight you wanted to lose. If you are looking for complications just keep up eating pizza and crap.

May I suggest you sit and think about why you had this surgery and what you are willing to do to succeed

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/5/14 9:31 am - Windsor, Canada

You should feel very blessed that you are not currently in the emergency room dealing with internal bleeding and a ripped pouch.  I don't know how to be kind about this.  This is a huge huge mistake.  Are you ready for this surgery? If you can't abstain for the first six weeks I don't know how you can be a long term success without getting some psychological help.  I can understand a bite but two slices!?  I just cannot fathom why you would do something so possibly damaging.     Perhaps you need to contact a social worker. This is hard long term. You need to look into the whys of your behaviour.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

PepperBB
on 12/5/14 10:09 am - Canada

Well Said long term posters!

Its upsetting to see this kind of post, I got off all the other supports sites because of posts like this. You need to look in the mirror and see what you want in the end from this surgery. Post like this make other who may be having or thinking about having the surgery think this kind of eating is okay.

Health wise, I hope you have done no damage.

I had very little pain post surgery as well,...did I test the waters? Hell no!! I did what they told me, they are the experts, unless you have a medical degree with a specialization in bariatric cases, then please stop what you are doing, go back to your binder and do what they tell you.

I apologize if this come off as harsh or mean, I do not mean it to, but these things really grind my gears.

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Karen M.
on 12/5/14 7:29 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'm not even going to comment on your blatant disregard for your health, safety or any shred of common sense. I do find it interesting, however,  that your posting history on this forum is empty and your first ever post here is completely absurd.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 12/5/14 8:09 pm, edited 12/5/14 8:10 pm

Exactly how I feel Karen.

I am also concerned re Tish and her statement : "I was hopping (sic) not to be able to eat unhealthy foods, not that I have tried a lot." Tish - please watch yourself - only 1 month out - why are you even trying "unhealthy" foods - its a pandora's box you just don't want to open for a long as possible.

Gah people - you have one friggen chance at this - no "do-overs".  Every day you waste of your honeymoon phase is gone - there is no "moderation" the first year or so.  Get your weight off - use your window - protein - water - bit of veg - nuff said

Karen M.
on 12/5/14 8:25 pm - Mississauga, Canada

This thread smacks of ridiculous, not worth my effort.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

White Dove
on 12/5/14 8:59 pm - Warren, OH

My lady from my surgical center tried the same things.  She is very well educated and a high school principal.  She was at a school Christmas party and just decided to have some "real food", even though she was only one month out.

A short time later, she ran to the restroom with diarrhea and found that she was passing large amounts of bright red blood from her rectum.  As she was walking back to her office, she passed out and collapsed on the hallway floor.  An ambulance was called and she was taken to the hospital for emergency surgery to repair the damage.

Her family was summoned to her bedside that night so that they could say their final good-byes.   

She pulled through, but now takes her plan very seriously.  You may look healed on the outside, but you are still healing inside.  Tearing open your newly cut and stapled stomach could be fatal.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Needanewbeginning
on 12/6/14 1:49 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

This poster can't be serious? Totally, ridiculous!! 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Hanneli xoxo
on 12/9/14 3:13 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

why would you even try is the important question... 

Darbaybe_2014
on 12/16/14 9:13 am - Kitchener, Canada

Wow this is crazy. I am still waiting for my surgery, going through all the hoops and making the changes to live this new lifestyle and be healthy and then I read this? How did you pass all the interviews with the nurse, social worker and nutritionist? Did you even go to the post nutrition class???

Wow I cant understand how or why someone would  think it okay to eat not one but 2 "tiny" slices of pizza on a tummy that is still healing! Seriously...please don't do that anymore...listen to these folks who have worked the program and had success...they are our guides here....geeez don't be silly...you have been given a gift....don't abuse it :( 

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

Most Active
Fall Clothing Exchange!!!
Mallory · 0 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics