I ate pizza 6 days post-op!

annabanana2
on 12/5/14 6:37 am - Canada

Had the surgery Friday November 28th.  I feel great and I'm driving and back to work on Monday.  I've lost 25 lbs since Nov 13th.  I can sleep on my stomach.  I'm really shocked at how little pain I've had.  No pain meds since leaving the hospital.  I've been eating the standard cottage cheese, yogurt, soup etc...but last night I was able to eat two small pieces of pizza!!  What the heck?  Has anyone else been able to eat "bad" food in the first couple of weeks?

Tish24
on 12/5/14 7:01 am - Owen Sound, Canada

I was able to eat mostly normally about two weeks after surgery.I'm still on the fence either it is a good thing or bad thing. I was hopping not to be able to eat unhealthy foods, not that I have tried a lot. I still try a discipline myself and follow the instructions given to me. I started working out today and found myself hungry about 2 hrs later, but I had 2hrs to go before dinner, so I had a few wafers and a tea. It helped. I need to find out about exercise and eating, any thought?

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/14 7:11 am, edited 12/5/14 7:30 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Wouldn't know, I didn't try. The nerves in your stomach were cut during surgery, You aren't getting those 'full signals' yet. I didn't until about 5 weeks post op. I don't know why you would want to test that... I would be too afraid of doing damage to my very unhealed, tiny stomach... Aren't you? Your pouch needs to heal. While I have been able to tolerate every food I have tried, I would never be able to consume two slices of pizza right now at 7 weeks out... and hopefully not for a long time! If ever. One, maybe, eventually. I definitely do have big and small pouch days though.

This is a lifestyle change, not to sound preachy, but I plan to utilize my tool to the max. I don't want to fail this, it was my last hope. Please be careful. 

highlandbear
on 12/5/14 8:15 am - Canada

First of all that kind  of food is  not on the list so early out and why in the hell would you eat pizza.  Do you not take this operation serious and you can put the weight back on and if you don'****ch it you will be one of them

Carchick28
on 12/5/14 8:23 am - Canada

Which type of surgery did you have?

Zizzler
on 12/5/14 8:26 am

Believe me I understand how hard it is to break these habits.  I ate a handful of chips at 3 weeks out because I just "needed it". People on here were hard on me, and rightly so, I needed a kick in the butt. I used that post as a wake-up call and got back on track. So, now for the kick in the butt you need:

6 days out and eating pizza?  Are you serious?!!  No no no, please stop this behaviour now! It does not matter that you can eat it, now is not the time to be experimenting with your new pouch. At 6 days aren't you still on liquids and pureed food? You are in danger of hurting yourself!

You must follow your centre's guidelines regarding eating. Ask them for help as soon as possible, sounds like you are in trouble. Now is not the time to be "experimenting" by eating foods not recommended by your centre.  If I were you I would be scared by this "discovery" and use it as a wake-up call to get back on track. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/14 8:29 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/14 8:34 am

Obviously you are one to think this surgery was a quick fix. Why did you even bother to have it done? Seriously...it sounds like you are coming on here and bragging. You are either very uneducated about this surgery, dont give a damn or a troll. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Zee Starrlite
on 12/5/14 8:44 am

Good for you.  Now see what else you can eat! 😱

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Seyenna
on 12/5/14 8:58 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Won't lie, I laughed at this.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Most Active
Fall Clothing Exchange!!!
Mallory · 0 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics