Well it took 5 days.......

Can_Lil_Saint
on 12/6/14 10:32 am - Georgetown, Canada

post-op but I finally had the hormonal mental breakdown they were talking about. For some reason just washing around my steri-strips caused the onslaut of tears.

Who knows what will happen next LOL 

Seyenna
on 12/6/14 1:08 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I am NOT looking forward to this.... o.O

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Patm
on 12/6/14 9:32 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

This too will pass. Try to relax and heal.

Zizzler
on 12/7/14 1:20 am

Don't worry, this intense emotion is normal as your body adjusts after surgery.  For me it was about 3 weeks post op that I had a panic attack with crying and severe low mood. Even at 4 months post-op I am having emotional issues, this time feeling really angry and aggressive at times for the last few weeks. 

I spoke with the behaviourist at my centre about this and she said it was all within the normal range for someone post-op.  If it becomes more than just an occasional thing, like if you are severely depressed for 2 weeks or longer then it is important to seek help from your centre. I would advise you not to try to keep it in but to let it out if you can, through crying or exercise, or therapy as needed.  Glad to hear you have a sense of humour about it, that will come in handy!    Just know you are not alone, many people have this issue after surgery.

Most Active
Fall Clothing Exchange!!!
Mallory · 0 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics