What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

Zizzler
on 12/6/14 6:28 am

thank you.  I have been cuddling her as much as possible but great idea to massage her, I will do that.  She is not always steady on her feet lately so if we go for a walk I would have to carry her.  She has lost 2.5 pounds since her vet check last year, which is a lot for a little 11 pound dog. I just feel sad and numb now, have stopped crying but so exhausted.

crqvingchange
on 12/6/14 5:03 am

Zizzler I am sorry that you got the bad news about your fur baby.  There are many things you can do to make her happy and comfortable.  Remember walking her is a treat for her, they love experiencing the other dog smells around the neighbourhood.  Spending time with her and lots of petting with massage is good for her lymphatic system to keep the fluids moving.  She may start to have accidents, so taking her out more frequently will avoid some of those.  You can use those urine pads that go on the floor for her when you can't get home for a while.  Enjoy her now while you still have her, there will be plenty of time for tears after.  Big hugs.

crqvingchange
on 12/6/14 5:06 am

Hello everyone.  Late start to the day today, but I really needed the sleep, pesky cold.  Went out and did some shopping for a friend's birthday party tonight.  Not sure what the eats are going to be, but I will try and make some wise choices.  

Have a good day.

Karen M.
on 12/6/14 9:53 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I can only imagine how distraught you're feeling - the relationship and bond with our pets is almost akin to the relationship we have with our children in many ways. Sometimes the greatest kindness we can give them is to let them go in peace to save them from suffering, but that sure doesn't mean it's easy to do. Huge cyber hugs to you, friend. Letting your best friend go is brutal. XO

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 12/7/14 1:38 am

Thank you Karen, I just keep looking at her and trying to imagine life without her.  I guess it is a blessing that she is not in any pain but it is just a matter of time before she dies in her sleep or has to be put down when her quality of life gets too low. She is on an anti-nausea medication now so is eating a little more than before, seems comfortable.  I am supposed to try to feed her anything she is interested in at this point within reason in order to up her weight, so yesterday when I had a mini banana with peanut butter I gave her some pb too, she really liked that. Its funny how I am trying to fatten her up while I am losing, we are on opposite ends of the spectrum I guess. lol  My plan is to give her extra hugs, cuddles and massage, and extra good food every day until it is time for her to leave.  Ok, now I am crying again, oh well.  Who knows, maybe she will be one of those dogs who defies the odds and lives longer than predicted.  Anything is possible.

Karen M.
on 12/7/14 3:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

Anything is possible. I'm seeing many treats in her future. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 12/6/14 2:29 am
Most Active
Fall Clothing Exchange!!!
Mallory · 0 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics