What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 12/5/14 6:36 pm

RNY  5 Years 8  Months Post Op

Morning

Meeting some friends for lunch at Oliver and Bonacini.  I checked the website and they have zero nutritional info and what appears to be a high calorie menu.  It looks like they have a weekend all day brunch - so I think the best option is a couple of eggs - bacon and 1 slice of toast.  I really dislike going to a restaurant with few low cal options

STEPS - 8850

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - "Love" Beets - sweetfire marinade - I love these

L - 2 eggs

3 slices of bacon

1 slice of toast

D - 1.5 cups of sweet kale salad

4 oz beef tenderloin

1/2 cup of spinach

S - 1 source dessert yogurt

2 snack size jello s/f with 2 TBS of FF cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,146,  Carbs - 75 Grams,  Fat - 49 Grams,  Protein - 104 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Karen M.
on 12/5/14 7:57 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning,

You're up early, Barb - glad I'm not the only one. It's a little frustrating when a restaurant appears to offer no healthier options, eggs/bacon sounds like a reasonable choice. In reading their menu they do offer some nice soup/salad items and a couple of the mains could work as well. If given the choice I would easily do breakfast for lunch, dinner and any other eating opportunity for that matter. lol

Mini road trip today followed by a short visit to my parents, BBQ for dinner, continuation of our Breaking Bad blitz, domestic goddess duties as assigned.

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake

S - 1 egg, 2 thin slices peameal bacon, sliced tomato

L - Source Greek 50, mini banana, handful of almonds

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - 3 oz BBQ steak, spinach salad

S - not sure yet!

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 12/5/14 8:02 pm

Yeah I looked at the soup salad options - just dont know the salt and what they cook in.  I usually stick to a restaurant I can order steak - grilled fish or chicken etc.  I find Earls is another bad one to choose  from. 

Karen M.
on 12/5/14 8:18 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, Earls is also difficult, I agree. One of my very favourite restaurants in my neighbourhood (other than my all-time favourite for the past 20 years, the Pump & Patio) is Michael's Back Door. The food is exceptional but being Italian inspired definitely limits my options so I take it as a rare "treat" when I enjoy the lobster cream pasta (likely twice per year lol).

Karen

birdiegirl
on 12/5/14 8:23 pm

lol...ummm, pasta.  Its only difficult to order when I am on a roll and really watching all the time what I eat,  I mean I watch 90 % most of the past 5 years.  I am on a roll right now with losing and I dont want to get derailed for any reason.  And - it can happen so easily with me.

Karen M.
on 12/5/14 8:41 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Amazing how some positive momentum breeds continued mindful choices, eh? I feel the same way - I don't want to "wreck it" when I'm on a roll. And you are on an incredible roll with your losing - losing some regain at any time and especially 5+ years post-op is true dedication. Conversely, poor choices breed additional poor choices and can also start a "roll" in the wrong direction.

I had a small carb-scare a few days ago when I found myself craving the crunchy sesame seed coated breadsticks I had (very stupidly) bought last week (these are also sprinkled with crack, I am quite certain) and I found myself craving them (and indulging the craving a couple of times). Just like crackers which are so aptly named - "CRACK"-ers. I considered that I might have been craving the sesame seeds so sprinkled some on mindful things that I was eating and it did the trick, thank GAWD. I also threw those tasty little pieces of crap in the garbage. lol

Karen

Zizzler
on 12/5/14 8:32 pm, edited 12/5/14 8:33 pm

Good morning everyone.  Birdiegirl I'll bet they have fresh slices of tomatoes to add to your lunch, they go really well with bacon and eggs and some veg. I like to put salt and pepper on the tomatoes.  Sometimes I get fried onions or fried mushrooms on the side if I am in the mood.  I too find soups are hit and miss, you never know what they put in there. I ordered a vegetable soup once and there was pasta in it, for example, so I sent it back.  Or one time I ordered a beef soup and they had put lots of rice in it. 

Finally have a weekend where I do not have to work overtime and I plan to enjoy it.  This morning I will be going to the gym for my usual cardio and weight lifting, then reading in the sauna for 20 minutes, then the massage chair for as long as I feel like it.  I was thinking about how awful I felt the past week or so at times and I really think that not going to the gym for 4 days contributed to those feelings.  My body needs exercise, especially when I am stressed.  Lesson learned. 

16 weeks post op (just realized I miscalculated and am 16 weeks out rather than 15 - doh!)

b - homemade protein shake

s - xl decaf coffee or decaf orange pekoe tea

l - barbacoa beef, cheese, peppers, salsa, beans

s - mashed avocado with cheese "chips", coconut pineapple sf water

d - xl meatballs with san marzano tomato sauce, fried bell peppers and onions, a little parmesan

s - oatmeal with mini banana slices, milk, sucralose

all vitamins and water

Karen M.
on 12/5/14 8:52 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Knowing how to combat the overwhelming negative feelings and being able to act on it is a HUGE accomplishment, Zizzler. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your restful weekend - some time in a massage chair sounds like absolute heaven!

P.S. I checked at work as you suggested re. a corporate plan for Good Life membership and we do have that (although it's only 10 or 15%, but hey it's something) so I am weighing my options between Good Life and a City-run facility (where I get a 50% discount for being an employee). Besides the low membership at the City facility (and we have 6 locations city-wide with access to any/all of them along with included swimming anytime) one of the gyms is right inside City Hall.  Considering I work at City Hall, it's a bit of a no-brainer. LOL

Karen

Zizzler
on 12/6/14 2:26 am

Great that you are looking into a gym - sounds like the one at your work would be the most affordable and so convenient too, I wish I had one at my work, awesome in winter especially eh?  The only advantage I can think of would be that goodlife has locations all over Canada so if you are travelling it may be a better option in that sense.

It is an ongoing battle with the emotional stuff, but it does feel better to do everything possible. Just found out a few hours ago that my old dog have terminal renal failure with a life expectancy of 6 months.  I have been crying for hours and just holding her. She is the best dog ever but she is almost 15 so she has had a long happy life. Still, I can't imagine life without her, she is my baby, and my first dog ever. Going to pick up special renal care food for her and more anti-nausea medication but it is just a matter of time before she dies or needs to be euthanized.  Basically she will eat less and less and waste away until she dies. So I will probably have to have her put down at some point, not sure how I can be strong enough to let her go but I will do what is best for her. Luckily my vet is awesome and I trust him completely with her care.  I feel sick, weak and emotionally numb so I am going to have to make sure I stay on top of my eating and vitamins more than ever.  Going to go take a bath and cry some more I guess, will do my best to go to the gym later if the crying stops.

crqvingchange
on 12/6/14 4:59 am

Zizzler I am sorry that you got the bad news about your fur baby.  There are many things you can do to make her happy and comfortable.  Remember walking her is a treat for her, they love experiencing the other dog smells around the neighbourhood.  Spending time with her and lots of petting with massage is good for her lymphatic system to keep the fluids moving.  She may start to have accidents, so taking her out more frequently will avoid some of those.  You can use those urine pads that go on the floor for her when you can't get home for a while.  Enjoy her now while you still have her, there will be plenty of time for tears after.  Big hugs.

Most Active
Fall Clothing Exchange!!!
Mallory · 0 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics