Stall when starting Real Food?

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/14 7:42 am, edited 12/4/14 8:06 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

First, tell your family to be less judgmental and more encouraging! You are not even a month out, and your body is still in shock for sure. I am 7 weeks out, mine is as well. To be honest, you are eating more than me, at this point. I think when I was around a month out, I hadn't yet felt that 'full feeling' because the nerves in my stomach were't sending me signals. BUT trust me, I started feeling it very quickly around 5-6 weeks out.

I think that's why its important to stick to the portion guidelines, because your body may not tell you it is full at this point. I have been cleared for a regular diet, but I am still eating mostly, soups, chilli, tuna salad, egg salad, very lean meatballs, chicken breast, and yogurt. That pretty much sums up my diet at this point. Just breath, and relax, as long as you stick to the foods and portion sizes your centre advised, you will lose the weight. xoxox Good luck.

Tish24
on 12/4/14 8:42 am - Owen Sound, Canada

Thanks for the help. After my surgery on the 10 of Nov, my father in law passed on the 14th, funeral was the following Monday, and family was stormed stayed here longer then I expected. Need less to say things were a bit hectic. I haven't been able to find all the papers they sent me home with until tonight. My husband found them for me, thank God! Now I can see where I have been going wrong and have a meal plan to follow, I feel like I just got my sight back. I don't know why I have been able to tolerate solid food so quickly, but I'm going to take it back to the soft solid food stage for a while. I have my one month check up next week, I just hope I haven't done real damage to my new stomach. Hopefully now I will start to see result with my new life style. My treadmill arrives tomorrow, early Christmas gift to me, thank you Black Friday..lol I'll keep you posted on how I make out if you will keep me up on your journey. Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/14 10:40 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Don't panic! You'll be fine! And sorry for your loss. 

Keep us posted on how you're doing 

Karen M.
on 12/4/14 7:30 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You went through a really hectic time for sure - glad things are settling down for you and I'm very sorry for your loss.

Some people have very little trouble with foods and eating, which is both a blessing and a curse. I'm really glad to hear you found your centre's instructions and will be following them - that is really key in this whole weight loss thing.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Fall Clothing Exchange!!!
Mallory · 0 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics