New Here

Carchick28
on 12/4/14 4:07 am - Canada

Mine is on Monday at the same place so we are pretty much at the same point in this journey and local. Maybe we can chat about this over time.  Nice to have local people in the same boat. 

Patm
on 12/4/14 5:00 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome to the board. Good luck with your journey.

anniew72
on 12/4/14 5:14 am

Welcome to the forum carchick28.

Karen M.
on 12/4/14 6:26 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the forum! You'll find tons of support and good advice here.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kimmygirl180
on 12/4/14 8:53 am - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hi carchick28, 

I am also new here and will be asking everyone most of the same questions regarding this wonderful journey of ours.  I just completed my orientation at HRRH on Monday, Dec. 1/14, and can't wait to get my next set of appts.  

Very excited to be able to share this adventure with so many great people here..  

Thanks, 

:)

Carchick28
on 12/4/14 9:16 am - Canada

Did you find the information session good?  How many people were there?

kimmygirl180
on 12/4/14 11:58 am - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hello again, 

There were about 20 people there.. Including friends/spouses/support person.  

The session was great information, but I have been reading and researching RNY for about 2 years now, so I didn't really get any new information.  The session I attended was run by one of the hospitals nutrionists. She did give us handouts that you get to take home, and have all the information she covered during the session plus more..  

It is really exciting to get that appt. over with so we can move on to the next phase.  :)

Take care

Kim

Loaf
on 12/4/14 9:48 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

good Luck and congrats.    Some advice to expedite the process.  If you can.. Get your Scope and your Sleep Study done through your GP.  I will save you having to wait for the hospital to send you for the tests.

Carchick28
on 12/5/14 12:29 am - Canada

Does everyone need to have a sleep study?  I had thought I read somewhere that it was one of the "possible" tests?  I understand what they are looking for but don't understand why it matters or not if you have sleep apena but I am sure that this is one of the things that they will explain to me and if not I will ask.  I am one of those people who asks a lot of questions.  LOL

Loaf
on 12/5/14 12:37 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

No, Not everybody needs a sleep study.  The issue is, however one of your questionnaires that you fill out  (In Hamilton Anyway) is related to your sleeping pattern and stuff.  If they fell that you need to have a Sleep study, it will delay your process.  Myself.  Once i was in Program.  I talked to My GP and had all the testing arranged in advance so i did not have to wait for the Clinic to call and say.. you need to do this and that.  Which always Take time.  So after my Orientation i got all my ducks in a row and had the testing done.  Especially the Scope.  Took my wife 2 months to get an apt with the hospital.  I was just being proactive.   As for the reason for the Apnea question... The Anesthesiologist   Needs to know if you have it.  it changes the way to process you in OR (According to my Aunt who is an OR nurse) and i am sure that sleeping properly post op helps with the healing.

Fell free to message me if you have any questions.  I will do the best to answer what i can... I am a rookie compared to some of the girls on here.  but always willing to help

Most Active
Fall Clothing Exchange!!!
Mallory · 0 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics