New Here

Carchick28
on 12/4/14 2:25 am - Canada

I am new here and I will likely have lots and lots of questions for all of you.   But just thought I would say Hi.  I am just starting this journey and will need to decide if it is what I want to do or not and hope that along the way I will get some great insight from all of you.  One of the things I am wondering about is, I see people reference "TWH" in their posts.  What does that stand for.  Thanks.

Seyenna
on 12/4/14 2:46 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

TWH = Toronto Western Hospital. HRRH = Humber River Regional Hospital. Both of those are in Toronto and is where most (definitely not all!) people go to.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Carchick28
on 12/4/14 2:56 am - Canada

Thanks that makes sense now.  My referral is to Humber and I go for the information session on Monday and we will see after that how things go. 

Seyenna
on 12/4/14 3:36 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

My referral was through HRRH too (Humbar) but they had a backlog a bit ago and I was switched to TWH. Surgery in 12 days!! My dates are in my timeline and may give a rough idea of the wait time. Good luck!

Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Carchick28
on 12/4/14 3:48 am - Canada

I see that you are in Barrie, I am in Innisfil.  I have a friend who had this done at TWH this past April and he has done amazing.  Good Luck on your surgery and would love to keep in touch with you.  If you don't mind me asking which type of surgery are you having?  If that is too much information that is okay.  :-)  Thanks.

Seyenna
on 12/4/14 3:50 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

RNY. I met an amazing and wonderful girly from Innisfil from this site! We've met up, managed to book one of our appointments at the same time, and as luck would have it - we have our surgery dates on the same day  You'll see here on here as Jaxie. She's charming and lovely and sports a Scottish accent, LOL

Carchick28
on 12/4/14 3:59 am - Canada

Well thanks for the information and good luck with your surgery. 

Catw
on 12/4/14 3:19 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome to the board!  You'll find a wide range of people on here.  From those starting out like yourself to those who are 10+ post surgery.  And we all started in the same place.

Cathy

roxytrim
on 12/4/14 4:04 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Good for you getting on the board Carchick.  I'm sure you have read a few abbreviations, if you go to search and put in list of abbreviations, you will find some translations.. You can also try list of acronyms.

Enjoy your journey.

Dar_Tay
on 12/4/14 4:05 am - Canada

I ladies...I'm in Innisfil also!! Just starting my journey with my orientation at HHRH on Jan 9/15 th!  Very excited to get this process going.

Nice to meet you :)

Most Active
Fall Clothing Exchange!!!
Mallory · 0 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics