Lost no weight this month

rporr
on 11/6/14 7:47 am - Canada

I will try to make this short and sweet. 

I got the sleeve surgery done back in April. When I started the opti fast I weighed 474. When I weighed myself 4 weeks ago I weighed 362. I've been working out 3 to 5 times a week mostly 5. I on average do 4.5 hours of weights a week and 4.5 on the elliptical a week. I eat very healthy I do not eat red meat like at all very rarely. I measure my meals and everything. 

I weighed myself today and I have lost 0 lbs in 4 weeks. I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone who has gotten the sleeve surgery or if anyone has any pointers or insight into why this has happened. 

Thank you 

Delicious_Delilah
on 11/6/14 11:46 am - Ottawa, Canada

Do you track your food in something like myfitnesspal?  That might help identify if there's an issue there. While exercise is important, food intake is even more important. That being said, if all is good with your intake and activity level, might simply be a stall. 

DD

rporr
on 11/6/14 11:54 am - Canada

I eat mainly chicken stuff like ground chicken made into burgers and chicken sausages. It's hard to count calories because I get my meat from the St Lawrence Market. Eat very little carbs and when I do its brown. I do treat myself about every other week to something small. 

Karen M.
on 11/6/14 11:39 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Why would getting your meat from St. Lawrence Market make it difficult to count calories? Meat is meat. Weigh and measure as you would with anything.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

rporr
on 11/6/14 11:52 pm - Canada

I do weigh and measure it but don't know how much calories are in it or how much protein 

Karen M.
on 11/7/14 12:01 am - Mississauga, Canada

Ohhhhh.... okay, we can fix that no problem!

I highly recommend tracking your food intake (every single bite) along with your weighing and measuring. Go to My Fitness Pal (link below) and input your food and quantities there. It does all the nutritional calculations for you and you will have a visual understanding of what you're putting into your mouth each day. Keep protein high (75-80g), carbs low (30g), NO refined sugar and I'll bet you see a difference shortly!

Here is a link to My Fitness Pal - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/6/14 12:01 pm - Windsor, Canada

Stalls are normal but I would be concerned about a whole month with no movement.  Have you checked your measurements!!?

you need to analyze what you are eating closely by measuring and putting it into myfitnesspal. 

It should be around 1000 calories with 40% of calorie from protein, 30% fat and 30% carbs. 

You need to analyze your data to truly get an accurate picture 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

rporr
on 11/6/14 11:53 pm - Canada

No I haven't because I haven't been measuring myself. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/14 7:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi,

I also had my RNY in April and like you have been staying at 172-173 for at least 4 weeks.  Maybe it is one of those stalls they mention.  I try to be patient but it is very frustrating because I am so close to my goal and I too work out at a minimum 5 hours a week.  Yesterday I added a half hour thinking it may help but today I gained a pound  :)  Patience it is a requirement for this surgery!!!!!

Hang in there.

Kelly

Nanato2
on 11/6/14 9:26 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I had a sleeve as well and yes I had a long stall you have lost almost 100 pounds in 7 months which is great your body may be catching up and you still maybe losing inches. It is also good to change things up like your work out routine or your food to help jump start your weight loss make sure to track your food because we may not think we are eating over the calories but we may be.  

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Most Active