Question re. HRRH

Seyenna
on 11/5/14 5:08 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

The social worker at HRRH runs a support group in Barrie but I've never been able to make it due to work. I know that there's a bit of a wait list too. If anyone needs info on it you can PM me and I can give you her number/email address.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Karen M.
on 11/5/14 5:28 am - Mississauga, Canada

Thank you, Seyenna.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

1HealthyMomma
on 11/5/14 5:34 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

My social worker Susan told me they have one but that a few some at HRRH and they do video ones at other hospitals. I have been going monthly for  to my local hospital here in Oshawa for 4 months. There is a group of us in the room and she is on the TV. She has a different topic each month. There are some classes at Humber as well. I don't know the names of them all because it is just to far for me to travel in the evening.

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Robyn R.
on 11/5/14 5:45 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Can I have the details for the one at Oshawa. I was not aware of it. Struggling right now

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

EllenMW
on 11/5/14 12:17 pm

A wait list for a support group???it is a proven fact t that people who attend  support groups have a much higher success  rate than those that  don't. Peterboro and lindsay have a group so we manage to cover East of peterboro and west/north of Lindsay

Karen M.
on 11/5/14 12:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I run a support group in Mississauga, and have for years. I agree with your statement about support groups proving to be effective in assisting people to succeed and also find it questionable that there is a "waiting list" for a hospital-run support group. I suspect you didn't mean this message for me though you posted to me. :)

I was asking out of curiosity mainly. I had surgery several years ago (8.5 years) at HRRH and at that time, of course, there was not a support option. There was also not a bariatric team, "centre", registry, ongoing follow-up, or even Optifast. LOL Despite all of this... I have been successful. I gained support on this forum, liked it so darn much I've stuck around for a (very) long time. I find that offering support is equal to receiving support, all things considered.

I noticed that you were looking for a group in Ft. Erie for a friend. Perhaps your friend should join OH and join us here on the forum. This is an amazing source of support.

Karen

Karen

EllenMW
on 11/5/14 7:52 pm

Hi Karen!

I have given the link to this website and hopefully she will follow through and join.  Our group in peterboro/lindsay are putting together a handout and are hoping the dr.s in the area will give this out or just have it to people who are perhaps going through the process.  I personally think that the Ontario Bariatric clinics should have a list of all support groups in Ontario on their site for people to goto.   I asked on here about a group in my area and found one! Very thankful not only to find them but so very helpful through the whole process and everyone had a different journey and so to be able to share that with new people is so very helpful.

Karen M.
on 11/5/14 8:10 pm - Mississauga, Canada

A hand out with contact information is an excellent idea!

Karen

Most Active