URGENT: Need optifast in Ottawa

fierodough
on 11/6/14 9:01 pm - Orleans, Canada

I want to give myself a system reset... I had RNY over 2 years ago. at my lowest, I was only 20lbs away from my goal weight. Now I am just over 40 lbs away... :(  I'm not eating as well as I should and I have cravings. Also, food is a stress coping mechanism.

If anyone is willing to part with some optifast in the Ottawa region, please send me an email to [email protected] or pm me (I don't come on here very often) and give me the quantity and price.

Thanks in advance! I hope to make my target weight at some point in my life, if only for a day. LOL..

Cheers!

Catw
on 11/6/14 9:30 pm - Arnprior, Canada

If you are looking for a KickStart, do the 5 Day Pouch Test.  But I'm not sure that will solve all your problems.  It may help with a kick and help lose cravings for a while.  But for the stress eating, you may need to see a counselor to talk about how to better deal with your stress, the clinic can help with this.  Until you deal with that, it'll come back.  You will also need to start journaling and tracking again and go back to the basics.

Cathy

Karen M.
on 11/6/14 11:28 pm, edited 11/6/14 11:28 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Getting "back to basics" is probably going to be more effective and long lasting than a 2 week stint on Optifast. I would imagine it would be very difficult at this point going back to liquids only for an extended period of time. Re-training yourself to eat on plan is what I would suggest.

Plan your menu daily, track it (every single bite and sip) into a program like myfitnesspal.com so you have a visual understanding of what you're eating and what you need to eat and what you need to cut out, high protein (at least 80g), very low carb (as close to only 30g as you can get), NO refined sugar. Up your water intake, move more and more often. Cathy mentioned the 5 day pouch test - I have used this in the past a few times, not to lose weight, but to rid my body of the carbs in my diet that cause me to hold onto weight and crave more carbs. Join us on the "What are you eating/doing today" thread for accountability, advice, meal ideas and organization.

Eating mindfully, with a plan and organization, will give you the "re-set" you're looking for.

Good luck,

Karen

P.S. The fact that you "don't come here very often" may be a clue to you that maybe you should. Support is key.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

pegawatt
on 11/7/14 7:38 am - Canada

WHERE DO I FIND THE 5 DAY POUCH TEST AS I'D LIKE TO TRY IT,PLEASE

Loaf
on 11/18/14 10:47 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

The 5 day pouch test is simply going through your diet progression (After surgery ) in the course of 5 days vs 5 weeks

IE.  Day 1clear fluid, Day 2 - full fluids, Day 3 - Soft Food.........

I am new to WLS (3 weeks out) so this is based on what i have read.

Most Active