Calling HRRH?

need_to_run_81
on 11/2/14 9:18 pm

I was part of the September 4th Orientation at HRRH. (Was anyone else part of that Orientation?  I'd love to see how we all do!)

At that orientation they said we'd hear in 4-6 weeks about our next set of appointments, and we are now into the 9th week. I called at 5 weeks, and they said it was far too early.  I know a lot of people prefer to let the system work on its own, and although I have no interest in rushing the process - I have heard stories of people getting lost in the shuffle at this point and waiting 6 months then finally calling and finding their paperwork just didn't make it through for some reason.  (This would have happened with my initial referral paperwork had my family doctor not been proactive and called the centre to see why I hadn't heard anything.)

So at 8 weeks out, should I call just to see yet?  I am looked over in my life all the time, and I don't need it to happen with this, also. 

Thanks for any feedback!  

Robyn R.
on 11/2/14 10:12 pm - Bowmanville, Canada

Trust the process. HRRH is overwhelmed. They do many orientations & they have to triage everyone. Not everybody at orientation goes through the process. Many leave after it. Everybody is getting poured into a funnel right now. Your letter will come

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

Pegasus_AM
on 11/2/14 10:49 pm

I am much like you I didn't want to rush the process but I also didn't want to get lost either. I called a few times just to keep on there radar and they were always polite with me. I' glad i did because the one time I called she asked when my orientation was and I told her and her response was Oh!! That is strange I have everybodies chart but yours, can you hold please !! I was on hold for like 5 minutes and she came back to tell me she still couldn't find my chart and would have to look into it further and asked if she could call me back. She called back 3 hours later having finally found my chart with the Surgeon. I then got advised to call back in a week and they could probably give me my appointment dates. I find it never hurts to be proactive, Good-Luck

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

need_to_run_81
on 11/3/14 1:16 am

I called!  She found my file was completed and booked me in to see Dr. Starr on the 17th!   Wow!  I guess that was just the right timing!?  I feel very lucky today!  Maybe I'll go buy a lotto ticket! 

mum2TNT
on 11/3/14 9:37 am - Oshawa, Canada

I was just going to suggest calling also.  I had to call to get the orientation date after 3 months.  The centre is so friendly.  I have Dr. Starr also......I love him already   Look forward to reading your progress....good luck!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

ronshoneygirl23
on 11/6/14 12:40 pm

Hi, I was at the Sept 4th Orientation at HRRH and still not one word. I guess I will just wait now as I just got booked for Dec 8th for a double knee replacement. Hope I am able to go to appt. when they come available.

Christy

Most Active