What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

kellybelly333
on 11/2/14 10:30 pm - Toronto, Canada

A girl could get used to these compliments ladies!! LOL I have used the meditation apps ( I have a few) before. I didn't have my earbuds at hand, and I thought if I got out of bed, I would just get up for the day. I did get another hour or so around 5. :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 11/2/14 10:50 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Hope your day improves Kelly. Back to work today. Biked in. Will not be doing that for much longer so decided to keep it up for as long as I can. I really do not do anything else that burns the calories like the biking. Stationary biking doesn't do it for me.

If you hear of a husband being murdered in the east end of Toronto it may be me. For 3 days he has gone on about no candy in the house and how he should go out and buy ME some. Good stuff of course. I keep reminding him there are many stores in our area for him to go buy himself anything he thinks he is missing.  He has the nerve to say a whole bar is not what he wants just the little ones. He is worse than a child. If he comes home from work with candy he may not like the reaction he gets.

On a healthier topic. I usually do not like the DR Oz program but last week I ended up seeing part of one. This woman talked about digestive health with a tea make of lemon and ginger with honey. I love ginger so tried it with truvia. It was great. I do not know if my liver enjoyed it but my taste buds did.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

l ham and pea soup, apple

s pure protein bar

d chicken, carrots, salad

s grapes

cal 1015, prot 78.8

Karen M.
on 11/2/14 11:52 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Pat, I'm a big believer in homemade ginger & lemon tea - for colds, digestion, the liver, and overall well-being. I use fresh ginger and lemons and sweeten with agave.

K.

P.S. Try not to kill your husband. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 11/3/14 12:42 am

Pat I will be right with you re murdering your husband.....I just want some good bread - a diet coke and cold butter if I end up on death row as my last meal

Patm
on 11/3/14 12:45 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds great. Warn sour dough for me. and wine instead of coke. LOL

Karen M.
on 11/3/14 12:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hilarious "death-row last meal" - my request is simple, a huge bottle of masi campofiorni, that is all. Might as well go out with a bang since I'm going anyway.

Karen

Karen M.
on 11/3/14 12:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Kelly, sorry to hear about the "funk". The wind down from a big event and the change in seasons can certainly lead to that. Feel better.

A bunch of house "stuff" to do today, a little cooking (crustless quiche - the pride in perfecting this is overshadowed at times by the appetite of those who want to share lol), and a couple of errands to run, not sure what else! Woke up with a headache, not sure what that's all about - hopefully just caffeine addiction.

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (to take my meds/vits - I am literally sick of greek yogurt right now), Premier protein shake

S - 1/2 whole wheat wrap stuffed with old cheddar, bacon, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, red onion, herb & garlic cream cheese to stick it together

L - other 1/2 of the wrap, a few cucumber slices

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - crustless quiche (equal to 2 eggs + cheese, meat, veggies), tomato and cucumber slices

S - not sure yet

Have a great day everyone!

K. :)

Karen

Most Active