What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

kellybelly333
on 11/2/14 5:40 pm - Toronto, Canada

suffering from a bit of insomnia again, so I thought I'd post. Halloween candy Demon Got me this weekend, I'm sad to say. Scale shows it. Up a few pounds...again. It's been a rough go since the marathon. Not feeling the greatest. Dealt with migraines, my iron infusion and girly issues...and a bit of a low that I sometimes get post-race. Kind of like Christmas.....you look forward to it so much and then it's over. I have scar revision in two weeks, so I have to be healthy for that. That's good to focus on healthy eating for! 

Shaking it off and moving on to a new day. I caught my honey staring at me last night, and I asked why. He said that he was having a heart-growing moment for me. Isn't that sweet?

OK. New day, protein-focused.

b: protein coffee, Queen Street bread and natural peanut butter 

s: Quest bar (half)

L: chicken and salad

s: other half of quest bar

d: spaghetti squash and meat sauce

have a great day all!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

TanyaLH
on 11/2/14 6:28 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

17 months post op

steps 9834

Morning Kelly, sorry to hear you are feeling low. I can relate, hopeful you start feeling better soon.

I opened my door saturday morning and there was a big bag of Halloween candy hanging off the door nob...took it to work and put it in the lunch room for everyone. Way to tempting to have in the house. It seems our building manager had lots left over and thought we would like a treat...

Just work and the gym for me today. DH is off to Toronto again for the week....

B- 1/2 c cottage cheese w/ tomato, protein coffee

S- 1 c spinach smoothie, 1 ham & cheese roll up

L-3 oz chicken, little lettuce , 1/2 a flatout wrap

D- 1 c veggie chili

S- 4 oz skim milk.

Be well everyone.

Hope OH lets me post this, wouldn't let me yesterday...

Tanya

kellybelly333
on 11/2/14 7:44 pm - Toronto, Canada

If I could dump all their candy in the garbag, I would! Glad you're able to do so! I'm Sorry you can relate to my low. Let's have a happy day!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 11/2/14 6:53 pm

RNY 5 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Hope you are feeling better soon Kelly.  I cant keep treats in the house - it must be difficult when you have children with their halloween candy sitting there.  Very sweet what Ross said!

Tanya good for you for getting rid of the candy right away.  Hope the week speeds by for you with your DH away

I am starting back to work out today with my trainer. A 4 month hiatus that I needed after 5 years of regular work outs. 

STEPS - 13,750

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S post work out - 1 ham roll up

L - Eggbeater omelette with 1 TB of shredded 2% cheddar

S - Goodfoods chicken walnut salad - 4 oz

D - 1 Jumbo lump crab cake

grilled asparagus

2 small fingerling potatoes

S - Danon light and fit greek yogurt

1 TB of granola

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 955,  Carbs - 72 Grams,  Fat - 21 Grams,  Protein - 85 Grams

All water - at least 2 litres - decaf coffee - all vits

Have a great one  

kellybelly333
on 11/2/14 7:42 pm - Toronto, Canada

Have fun with the trainer Barb!! I love a good kick in the pants a trainer gives!

Yep, having Halloween candy....four huge bagfuls, in the house sucks! I made them put it in their rooms. Out of my sight....partially out of my mind. 

Thanks for posting abou****er too. I will get in 2 litres as well. 

crqvingchange
on 11/2/14 8:17 pm

Good morning everyone.  Kelly I'm sorry you are in funk.  I haven't had an issue with the Halloween candy and we have lots left, DH WILL be taking it to work with him.  My problem has been sugar free candy the past 2 days, usually it sits for months but I have had 6 pieces in two days.

Our visitor has flown back home now so all of the fun day trips are done for a while.  I suppose that means I should tackle my paperwork and chores.  Today it's swimming, laundry, paperwork and cleaning.  Tonight hubby and I are going out for dinner.

3 months post-op

B. Chike before swimming and again after

S. Poached duck egg with Hollandaise

L. Spicy Black Bean Burger with a slice of tomato

S. Greek yogurt with diced Honeycrisp apple, pecans, a little SF caramel topping and a teaspoon of granola

D. Cajun cod with orange salsa

S. More of the apple yogurt

kellybelly333
on 11/2/14 10:09 pm - Toronto, Canada

I miss the days when I didn't care about chocolate at all. The first chocolate I did try, at nine months, I dumped on, so that kept me away for awhile. But tolerance of food gets easier, the further out we get. I still feel like garbage when I eat it, and yet it didn't stop me. And I feel like I have a hangover...from food. Blech. It wasn't nearly as much as I used to have before surgery....like not at all, but it still isn't great. Sugar free chocolate doesn't do well with me either, so I haven't had that in a long time. 

Enjoy your dinner out!! 

mermaidz
on 11/2/14 9:10 pm - Brampton, Canada
On November 3, 2014 at 1:40 AM Pacific Time, kellybelly333 wrote:

suffering from a bit of insomnia again, so I thought I'd post. Halloween candy Demon Got me this weekend, I'm sad to say. Scale shows it. Up a few pounds...again. It's been a rough go since the marathon. Not feeling the greatest. Dealt with migraines, my iron infusion and girly issues...and a bit of a low that I sometimes get post-race. Kind of like Christmas.....you look forward to it so much and then it's over. I have scar revision in two weeks, so I have to be healthy for that. That's good to focus on healthy eating for! 

Shaking it off and moving on to a new day. I caught my honey staring at me last night, and I asked why. He said that he was having a heart-growing moment for me. Isn't that sweet?

OK. New day, protein-focused.

b: protein coffee, Queen Street bread and natural peanut butter 

s: Quest bar (half)

L: chicken and salad

s: other half of quest bar

d: spaghetti squash and meat sauce

have a great day all!

Ya know there Kellybelly, I've always been an admirer of you. Why? Because you run. And that's something this old crunchy system isn't likely ever to be able to do (various reasons)

And you got down low enough long enough to get a panni..

AND you run marathons.

I know that to do all of that, you have to be very determined,, which I believe you are. We are all entitled to times/moments/weeks where we fall down.

But the great news is we always get another chance at standing up.

So get up and do what you gotta do  (it's also a crap time of the year. S.A.D. and funky weather is not a good time)

Some of us are smiling as you "win" your way through, even if you fall once in a while

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

kellybelly333
on 11/2/14 10:11 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks my dear! I have been down before, and I always come out of it. I feel better today. I know i'm human, and i'm very hard on myself. That worry of regain is always lurking. :-)

Zizzler
on 11/2/14 9:50 pm

Kelly I hope you feel better soon, have you tried using a free meditation app to help you relax.  I woke up last night to a panic attack, once it passed I was still too anxious to sleep. Finally I played my 20 minute meditation and fell asleep sometime during the deep breathing. So proud of your running, you rock!  No wonder your honey is totally gaga, you are an amazing person. 

Will be walking on my lunch today, then to the gym after work.  Stress galore at work so trying to pack special healthy lunch to take extra good care of myself.  So easy to let that slide eh?

11 weeks post op

b - premier protein shake, b12, multi, xl decaf coffee

S - cottage cheese with sf orange marmalade, half a baby banana

l - protini chicken souvlaki skewers, tsatziki dip, calcium/d

s - liberte grk yogurt with unsweetened frozen cherries, half a baby banana, sf fruit punch koolaid

d - turkey cabbage soup

s - sf protein hot chocolate 

begore bed: omega, vit d, calcium/d

Most Active