Testing?

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/14 7:47 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hi there,

At what stage do you do blood testing, etc. at?  Also, does everyone have a sleep study? 

Thanks!

Melanie

Seyenna
on 11/2/14 7:51 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I went through HRRH. Dr. Glazer is the one who oversees that part, and you're given your appointment with him sometime after orientation. I had my appointment with him given at the same time as the dietitian, social worker, and RN. My signature has my timeline. Which hospital are you going through?

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/14 7:56 am - Mississauga, Canada

I just got referred so I am in waiting mode.  From checking on the registry, it looks like I will be out of TWH but I guess I won't know for sure until they send me the letter, right?

Catw
on 11/2/14 9:57 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Unless you recently have had a sleep study, they will want you to have one.  I think I did bloodwork and ECG at Orientation.  Not sure if I did any after that though. Been a while.

Cathy

Pegasus_AM
on 11/2/14 11:03 pm

I'm going through HRRH (Humber River Regional Hospital) I was advised to expect blood work following my surgeons appointment and a apparently it's several viles, one person told me she had 14 viles taken. I don't know about the sleep study, my doctor did one ahead of time to be proactive. Good-Luck

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Dolly K.
on 11/3/14 12:10 am

If you are going through TWH - Nurse will order your blood work

RYMEBE73
on 11/3/14 1:54 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

I'm going through Guelph and when they send you the orientation letter, it comes with the list of tests they are wanting you to get done by your first appointment I believe...I've already had the bloodwork done, still waiting to hear back on the sleep study.  I like to be a little proactive, get the ball rolling a little faster so to speak.  Not sure if they require more blood work, guess once I get to that stage, I'll know more?  :)

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Most Active