Feet/Ankle swelling

Karen M.
on 10/26/14 11:47 pm - Mississauga, Canada

If you haven't already, you need to discuss this with your doctor. It could be as simple as having your feet down and "cut off" from good circulation in a desk-sitting position (worst way to sit, pretty unavoidable at work) to something much more serious.

When at work, get up and walk around for a couple of minutes minimum every hour or at the very least stand and stretch. If you are able, elevate your feet/legs while you work. When home, elevate your feet, put a pillow under your feet in bed when it's time to sleep. Cut way down on salt and increase your water intake.

Please don't assume this is from excess weight, getting to the root of this is key.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Amanda F.
on 10/27/14 12:25 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hello Karen, yes I have talked to my doctor about it many times. I have also ran multiple tests to find the route cause of the swelling. She said the best thing I can do is lose weight and that will help but not always cure. I do have a desk job but I am constantly getting at least 5 times an hour. The only thing I have not tried yet is compression stockings only because they are super expensive. I also elevate my feet the second I get home until I leave for work the next day. I feel like I am on bed rest the rest of my life other than when I am at work it is absolutely horrible.

Karen M.
on 10/27/14 12:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

I feel your pain having been through this myself. As someone mentioned the compression socks at Shoppers Drug Mart are quite good and much more reasonably priced than the prescription ones. I hope you find some relief.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

pegawatt
on 10/27/14 9:45 am - Canada

Had that happen for year and directics the Dr. gave me didn't work had heart congestion failure die to fluids in my lungs as well. They put me on Lasik and no more swelling and throbbing. Saved my life and losing weight helped also

Most Active