What are you doing/eating today ( Sunday)

birdiegirl
on 10/25/14 6:17 pm, edited 10/25/14 6:19 pm

RNY  5 Years 6 Months Post Op

Morning

Had a fabulous dinner last evening.  Their special was sea bass in a sweet and sour glaze so I switched from my usual steak order and was not disappointed.  Golfing early this morning then back to await friends arrival to stay with us for the week.

STEPS - 6200

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S on course - 1/4 of a quest bar

1/2 cup of strawberries with a bit of splenda

L - leftover sea bass - 3 oz

leftover rice in a panko coating -  1/2 cup

leftover hamburger patty

D - 4 oz beef tenderloin

1 cup of Caesar salad

1/2 baked potato

small glass of merlot

S - Dannon light and fit greek yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,403,  Carbs - 50 Grams,  Fat - 38 Grams,  Protein - 127 Grams

All water - 2 litres - all vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 10/25/14 9:35 pm, edited 10/25/14 9:36 pm

Good morning everyone.  Barb I am so glad you had a good anniversary.  Have a good time with your visitor.  Visitors can be fun, but also tiring.  Our  visitor is beginning his third week with us and this week will see lots of travelling again.  We went to SoupFest yesterday.  The only thing that rivals my love of soup is possibly my husband's love of chocolate.  Today we have a repairman coming at 11:00 this morning then it's errands and maybe a movie tonight, I will have to see what the others want to do.

3 months post-op (14 weeks)

B. Poached duck egg on top of smoked salmon with a little Hollandaise

S. Chike protein coffee

L. 1/3 Flatout zesty Italian flatbread made into pizza with Butterball turkey pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese

S. Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate

D. Same as lunch

S. Another Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate

Have a great day everyone.  Tanya I hope your stupid sinuses feel better soon.

Zizzler
on 10/26/14 1:10 am

Duck eggs are awesome!!  I am having some difficulty with chicken eggs, do you find duck eggs easier?

crqvingchange
on 10/26/14 1:54 am

I have never had a problem with chicken eggs, I usually have them with a tablespoon of Hollandaise made with only a small amount of butter and I find poached is easier to tolerate then scrambled or in a quiche  (tends to be drier) right now.  I buy my duck and chicken eggs from a Mennonite farm. They are always super fresh, usually laid that morning.  Our visitor had not had duck eggs since he was a teenager (he is 83) so I promised I would make him a fried duck egg butty (sandwich) which he devoured with gusto this morning. I also showed him unhomogenized milk which he had not had since he lived in England.

Zizzler
on 10/26/14 2:04 am

That sounds awesome to live so close to those natural foods.  I got my duck eggs from our local farmer's market but have not had any after surgery.  I found the duck eggs to be much richer tasting and more flavourful than regular eggs.  I am sure he appreciated the duck egg sandwich, sounds like a great idea.  Thank you for reminding me about duck eggs!

birdiegirl
on 10/26/14 2:22 am

I love soup too!.....hope you enjoyed it yesterday

Have never had duck eggs....had quail eggs which I love...nice and tiny

Zizzler
on 10/25/14 11:02 pm

Your meal sounds delicious birdigirl, glad it was fun.  Buffet last night was ok, they had a lots of shrimp and crab legs, which I do not eat.  Did get some roast beef and ribs, and they were good.  Managed to stick to the plan except I did have a few bites of dessert, but literally a few bites and that was it.  Someone took a pic last night and my face looks really different, sort of forget the amount of change that is happening right now.  Have to remember to not be so hard on myself, these are huge changes and things will not always go perfectly. Have some grocery shopping to do this morning, and will be hitting the gym at the same time.  Would like to catch up on my reading but lately I have so much energy it is harder to concentrate/sit still for long periods.

10 weeks post op

b - oatmeal packet, mini banana, skim milk

s - premier protein shake, multi, b12

l - homemade lentil beef chilli, calcium/d

s - greek yogurt smoothie with mini banana, calcium/d

d -  homemade lentil beef chilli

s - chicken nibbler, tea

before bed - omega, vit d

TanyaLH
on 10/25/14 11:22 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

16 months post op

steps 9965

Morning all,

Happy to hear you enjoyed your anniversary dinner last night, have a great day and enjoy your visitor.

CC, not sure I could handle 3 weeks of a house guest, kuddos to you  

Zizzler, don't you just love the new found energy? 

Not much planned today, laundry is almost done and doggy has had his first walk of the day. I think I will rest today. 

B- coffee, 1 egg, 2 sl turkey bacon, 2 sl tomato

S- tea, 1/3 c ff cottage cheese 1/2 banana

L- 3 oz trout, 1/2 c sweet kale salad

D- 3 oz ground chicken taco meatloaf, 2 bite mashed potato, 4 brussel sprouts

S- 1/3 c greek yogurt

be well everyone

Tanya

Zizzler
on 10/26/14 2:09 am

Yes the energy is great and has changed my life - I get home from work and want to go to the gym, do things, it is amazing!  It is a lot to process but I am enjoying the benefits immensely.  Enjoy your day of rest, those are so important to recharge your batteries.  have a good one!

Patm
on 10/26/14 2:19 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Out early this morning. Just getting to this now. Off soon for a walk with the dog then maybe some gardening and leaves to rake. My DH is going to smoke some pork tenderloin

b 1 sl peame3al bacon, 1 egg, banana

l turkey barley soup

s pure protein bar

d pork tenderloin, kale salad

s grapes

cal 886, carb 95.8, prot 75

Most Active