Celebrate Vitamins - awful point of sale tech

msmuggins
on 10/25/14 7:13 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I sent them a tartly worded email... hopefully they'll get back to me and attempt to solve the problem.  Their products look really interesting (definitely different than a lot of the other bariatric formulas I've looked into).  I was looking forward to giving them a spin. 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

MacMadame
on 10/25/14 7:56 am - Northern, CA

Like Dawn, I'm not big on Bariatric vitamins. Anyone can slap bariatric on their label so it's no guarantee of quality. But Celebrate has some good ones and I like the capsules. I can spread them out over the course of the day and they haven't got iron so I can take them with calcium and take my iron separately and not worry about it. So it makes them more flexible than my second choice, which is Centrum.

Also, most of these places will send you a free sample if you ask. Celebrate and Bariatric Advantage sent me sample packs once when I wrote to them.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

msmuggins
on 10/25/14 8:26 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks for the advice about the samples!  Bariatric Advantage and Unjury were my next stop.  And definitely the way the Celebrate vitamins are formulated (taking the iron separate) was what really attracted me.   I know myself enough to know that I get easily distracted at work when I'm busy and I'm worried that the first few weeks back at work will be difficult in terms of keeping up with the supplements schedule, so I've been trying to gather products that will allow me a bit more flexibility with both how many times a day I need to take them and what goes with what!  I'm really determined to be someone that doesn't end up having crappy labs because I wasn't on the ball with the pills and such, but I'm not a naturally well organized person so it's a bit of an uphill battle. 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Hanneli xoxo
on 10/27/14 3:17 am, edited 10/27/14 3:22 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I don't do Bariatric vitamins either but I received a TON of full sized and sample sized stuff last week from a friend who works on the "inside" from a conference she attended.. I got a lot of snacks, protein bars and vitamin samples from a new company called Bariatric Fusion if you wanna check them out as well.. http://bariatricfusion.

ETA: interesting, now that I have visited their website, i notice they don't even sell the protein bars I have... and realize they aren't all that new of a company lol

CerealKiller Kat71
on 10/27/14 3:33 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I would definitely try calling them.  They have wonderful customer service reps -- I have had wonderful experiences with them.  I really love Celebrate vitamins and supplements.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

pegawatt
on 10/27/14 10:07 am - Canada

There's no big deal about vitamins I buy whatevers on sale prenatal ones and put many different kinds away and most I spent was 13. each. Had my 3 mon. check up and everythings great but MY B12 was high so I just take 1 every other day. They started me out swallowing meds whole and I never looked back.

msmuggins
on 10/28/14 4:17 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

UPDATE:  

Celebrate customer service contacted me and apologized for the problems I was having.  They were quite kind but weren't terribly helpful with fixing the point of sale issue.  They did tell me I could call and they'd help me do the order over the phone.  I tried a few more times using my Capital One card and for some reason, no matter how I entered my address, it kept rejecting it, saying it didn't match the address I had on file with the credit card company.  Sigh.  So today I decided I try again with my AMEX card.  I looked up my statement address, entered it exactly the way it is on the statement and lo and behold, my order went through.  Phew!  Now let's hope the actual order fulfillment goes smoothly.

If anyone is interested, I bought some of their 4 in 1 supplement shakes, a small bottle of their chewable iron supplement, a three pack of their calcium citrate chews, and a sample pack.  So now I'm basically ready for a bariatric apocalypse -- one way or another, I'm getting all my necessary vitamins in from day 1!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Most Active