What are you doing/eating today ( Saturday)

Karen M.
on 10/25/14 6:10 am, edited 10/25/14 6:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

Frequency of the foot thing is pretty much dependant on my body's reaction to the liver meds over the day. If I get even a tiny bit dehydrated it all goes to hell. lol Tonight I'm going to take an extra 1/2 dose of potassium and see what happens!

The last time I took yoga I was morbidly obese and found it extremely difficult, both in the moves and in the breathing - felt like I was going to pass out, very uncomfortable feeling. I want to try it again, along with meditation, for health and healing. I'm glad you enjoyed it - it gives me hope. I have a huge GoodLife close to me and I'm going to look into getting a membership there (previously I've had membership at City facilities as I get a large discount being a City employee). When I go to their web site though, there are no plans/programs/fees listed, so I guess I have to call or go in to find out more.

I agree regarding the price of a buffet - it does seem rather extravagant for eating so little. However, I am reminded that I certainly got more than my money's worth in my previous life ;) I wouldn't dream of EVER using some sort of "card" to get a discount at a restaurant. I am an adult who chose to alter my anatomy - restaurants are not required to accommodate me. Also, I'm not willing to share my health with serving staff. :) Have a great time with friends!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 10/25/14 6:34 am

No way I would have been able to do a yoga class a year ago when I was nearly 70 lbs heavier, so I totally understand what you mean.  My work gets a corporate discount on goodlife, so I end up paying only $32 a month for my membership.  You should check with your work whether they offer anything similar in terms of a corporate discount. You can also get a 3 day pass to try it out, I think they offer that all the time, I remember seeing the posters.  Probably the best thing to do would be to call there and ask them directly.  Goodlife is not fanciest gym but they are consistently clean and generally well-run.  The classes are included in your membership.  Let me know how you like it if you decide to check it out.  You have a nice evening Karen.

Most Active