Survived pannilectomy with photos

kimber291
on 10/14/14 11:02 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Hi there. Congrats on your weightloss and your panni. May I ask if you paid out of pocket or if it was covered by OHIP? I only ask because a few years back I had lost 80 pounds and maintained it. I was 160 pounds from 240 and I was turned down by the PS but they told me they would do a full TT. Which was totally payable by me. Needless to say that didn't happen..I didn't have the money to do so. I was so discouraged as I worked so hard to lose it and maintain. And then Unfortunately I gained all the weight back and then some. 

I know your probably still very swollen, but how if the skin above your belly button? I was told that people are left with a muffin top. And some people look disfigured. I hope that this isn't the case with you. Your pics look great. Sore though. I'm kinda worried about another procedure.  Lol...I'd like to keep the hair I have left. I'm not at goal yet. Just 8 months out. 87.2 pounds lost and 12.8 from goal of 100 pounds lost :-)

Thank you for sharing your story!

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 2:48 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hi 

it was covered by insurance. Ohip approved it the first time. When I stand there is no muffin top. There is swelling but that will go down. The fact that I had a hernia helped because more skin had to be pulled down. I had the skin above the belly button removed as well. This is why there is no more belly button. But I'm ok with that because now it will be flat. I was worried about looking deformed but I can tell you that I don't have any deformity at all. I look normal for once. When I put my pre surgery pants on to wear to the follow up apt they kept falling down. Those are a size 14. That's with the binder and padding and swelling. I wish you the best

kimber291
on 10/15/14 2:04 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Thank you for your response!  That is great that you had the skin removed above the belly button!  So you won't have that top. You know I didn't even notice that you didn't have a belly button in the pics lol. 

I bet you feel fantastic! Completed!  That is wonderful :)

Cannot wait to see your final results pics! 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/14 3:54 am - Ottawa, Canada

Your doing great with your weight loss. When it's time for you to think about getting the skin removed don't let the negative comments scare you. I was so scared because I had so many people tell me I'd be deformed and look awful. 

Honestly I was almost going to cancel it after hearing horror stories. The doctor told me right from the start that he would never leave anyone looking deformed. He was the best dr I could have had. His compassion and understanding was incredible. I could have upgraded for 5000.00 but that was out of budget for me. 

It turned out to be better then I could have imagined. I can only tell you to trust in your doctor and research your options. I didn't have any muscle repair and it's ok. I even got to see me standing up and there's nothing deformed about me! I am happy and I think the deformation on me was the extra 32 pounds of fat that is now gone forever. 

Good luck with everything and trust yourself to make the right choice. 

Delicious_Delilah
on 10/15/14 9:01 am - Ottawa, Canada

Congratulations!  I also had Dr. Borsuk -- full tummy tuck (and hernia repair) this past summer. Was very satisfied with his work, and he's extremely kind and sympathetic!  He'll be doing my arms and thigh lift in December.  The panni part of my TT was covered, and I paid about $4,500 for the upgrade to the TT.  

Highly recommend him if you're in Ottawa. I got a referral from my Centre!

DD

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/14 11:56 pm, edited 10/16/14 11:56 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hi

i was thinking of the arms and thighs as well. Do you mind me asking what the cost is for that. I think he is an amazing dr as well. Congratulations on your success.

Mary A.
on 10/20/14 5:17 am

kind of interested how a deactivated member can still post??

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Karen M.
on 10/20/14 8:56 am - Mississauga, Canada

She wasn't "deactivated" when she posted, I'm assuming she since has.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active