Survived pannilectomy with photos

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 6:51 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi

im 5 days post op and I've posted before and after pics. When I was looking for pictures I couldn't find any of just a panni removal without tummy tuck or muscle repair. I heard a lot if negative results and comments so I thought I would post for those who would like to see. I gad no muscle repair and just a panni done. I'm very happy with results so far and it was massive 32 pounds removed. 

The pain is minimal and they found a hernia that they repaired at the same time. 

So for anyone that is second guessing DONT. It's so worth it. 

My pictures are in my album. I will be happy go answer any questions as I know I had a lot.

Take care and good luck with your journey

cutekatie
on 10/14/14 8:04 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I saw you are from Ottawa - may I ask what surgeon you had?

I had a tummy tuck in August - recovery has been great for me and I hope you are recovering well.

Thank you for sharing pics - 32 pounds is crazy!

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 8:13 am - Ottawa, Canada

I had Dr Borsuk. He is the kindest and most gentle Dr ever. The level of trust I had was incredible. He just made me feel comfortable from the start. I never felt ashamed for how I looked in front of him. I can't say enough about him.

Carebear02
on 10/14/14 8:43 am - Vars, Canada

Hi congrats! Glad it went well and you are home recovering. Wow! 32 pounds, that is incredible! Keep up the great work and enjoy the "new you". I will pm you some questions I have. Cheers Karen

Referral:  July 22, 2013, Confirmation:  TBD

Karen M.
on 10/14/14 8:54 am - Mississauga, Canada

HUGE congratulations to you! You must be so relieved that it's overwith and absolutely thrilled with the results. 32 pounds of pannus is quite incredible. I too had a panniculectomy back in January 2013, though I didn't have nearly the amount removed that you did. Speedy recovery to you and thank you for sharing your photos.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 9:06 am - Ottawa, Canada

Thank you

yes I feel so much better. I'm so glad it's over I was so nervous that I would look awful but I'm happy with the results and looking forward to the rest of this journey

Karen M.
on 10/14/14 9:11 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good for you. When/which WLS did you have?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 9:26 am - Ottawa, Canada

I had RNY IN 2012.

Kittykatt1329
on 10/14/14 9:43 am - Alfred, Canada

Congratulations, i know i ma non ta m'y goal yet and and already bothered by thé extra skinhead hanging. Im in Ottawa as well, did you go thru your general dr. For referai or did u go thru the clinic.

cathy

cutekatie
on 10/14/14 10:33 am
RNY on 05/16/12

You don't need a referral to see a plastic surgeon, however I have been told to get approved by OHIP you need to do that. Not sure if that is correct.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active