A big food holiday down, Only One to go

tg2013
on 10/13/14 11:35 pm - Ottawa, Canada

In my family we celebrate basically three huge food consumption holidays. Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Two out of the three big eating holidays have come and gone.

After a quick trip down the 401 hwy.  I was very happy to find my sister not going all out with a huge Turkey day spread. Not that I would of consumed a lot of food  but the thoughtfulness of my sister to keep the holiday sights and smells down to a dull roar  was comforting to my mindset. This is the first Thanksgiving I have experienced since my surgery last year and because of an understanding family member I was able to show her the new and improved person I have become and how thankful I am that I made the choice to participate in this life style we have chosen.

How did you make out ? 

Troy

PS:  A trip to the surgeon today at the OWLC (Ottawa weight loss clinic) to discuss the gallbladder removal surgery I had a couple of weeks back . I'm interested to see what she has to say and will post something here later

Jiliana2
on 10/15/14 12:33 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was a good one and that your sister didn't try to ply you with bad stuff now that you are well on your way. That's excellent! Job well done.

My Thanksgiving was with my in-laws and I was responsible for making the rolls and the stuffing. I did that, no problem. Being 8 months post-op, I did splurge a little and I had a tiny bite of mashed potatoes, a tiny bite of stuffing and a half a roll with my ham, turkey and veggies. The amount on my plate was tiny though and I was MORE than satisfied with a bite of those sinful treats to complete my meal. It was quite good.

I hope everyone else fared well too?

Fingers crossed that the appointment at OWMC went well! (I had my gallbladder out long before WLS so I'm lucky I didn't have that to deal with after the fact, but I understand that most of us have to at some point.)

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active
Fall Clothing Exchange!!!
Mallory · 0 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics