Questions for Surgeon

NewLife81
on 10/13/14 1:59 pm - St. Thomas, Canada

I see Dr Foute Nelong on Wed the 15th... and am trying to think of some questions but for some reason the only ones i xan think of is when do i start Optifast and when is surgery? lol

Did anyone see their surgeon and then leave saying oh i forgot to ask...?

Any help would be great! 

Guelph - Orientation: Feb 6, 2014 - First Appt w/ Nurse: April 23, 2014 - Social Work & Dietitian: April 30, 2014 - Nurse, Social Work & Dietitian: June 24, 2014 - Post Op Class: Sept 15, 2014 - Surgeon Appt: Oct 15, 2014 - Optifast Start Date: Nov 21, 2014 - Pre Op : Dec 1, 2014 - Surgery Date: Dec 12, 2014 (Dr. Jules Foute-Nelong)

Start Weight: 384lbs   Current Weight: 312.6lbs  Surgery Weight: 346.9lbs  Amount Lost: 72lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/14 2:23 pm, edited 10/13/14 2:38 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

My surgeon appointment was pretty quick! Most of it was spent with the nurse prior to meeting with the surgeon, completing paperwork with her. That lasted about 45 minutes, then he came in for about ten minutes, explained the procedure to me again, and went over my general health, and asked a few more questions. He then said he sees me as a ideal candidate, and advised the nurse would be back in to provide my surgery date, and optifast details. The nurse then comes back in, and completes the optifast form with me, and tells me the earliest date they have available for surgery, and asked if I wanted it. 

That was it! The whole appointment lasting about 1 hour and 15 minutes maybe, max. By the time I met with the surgeon, the team at TWH was so very thorough, I didn't have any questions. Everything had been answered 10 times already. I figured if anything popped into my head after the appointment, leading up to surgery, I would just send off an email to them, since they all provided a card, and told me to use it if I had any questions.

Plus, at PATTS, you meet with the nurse, anesthesiologist, pharmacist, and I had someone from the bariatric team pop in to see me during as well, because I am involved in a study, so my point is, at PATTS, they will also ask you if you have any questions relating to surgery at all. 

You're almost at the finish line now! Good luck!

NewLife81
on 10/13/14 2:46 pm - St. Thomas, Canada

Oh wow ok! That is great to know! I am so excited i just get nervous thinking i am going to forget something! I do have a question for you! Lol what is PATTS? I'm thinking its Pre Admission something? If so is that another appointment between the surgeon appt and surgery? 

Guelph - Orientation: Feb 6, 2014 - First Appt w/ Nurse: April 23, 2014 - Social Work & Dietitian: April 30, 2014 - Nurse, Social Work & Dietitian: June 24, 2014 - Post Op Class: Sept 15, 2014 - Surgeon Appt: Oct 15, 2014 - Optifast Start Date: Nov 21, 2014 - Pre Op : Dec 1, 2014 - Surgery Date: Dec 12, 2014 (Dr. Jules Foute-Nelong)

Start Weight: 384lbs   Current Weight: 312.6lbs  Surgery Weight: 346.9lbs  Amount Lost: 72lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/14 2:58 pm, edited 10/13/14 3:00 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Yep! Pre Admission Testing, and yes, the nurse will also tell you your date for that, after you select your surgery date :) Because it is usually scheduled two weeks prior to surgery. 

Of course surgeon appointments could be different at other centres, that is just how it was for me at TWH.

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/13/14 8:17 pm - Windsor, Canada

General questions can be answered on the forum.  When it comes to your surgeon, it's time to get questions answered that are specific to your health conditions, the actual surgery or surgeons techniques etc

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Fall Clothing Exchange!!!
Mallory · 0 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics