Last Meal Syndrome

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/14 1:44 pm, edited 10/5/14 3:38 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Sat here wondering, what would I like to have as my last meal this evening before I start Opti tomorrow, but nothing appealed. At this moment, the desire to get healthy and move forward with my new way of life, overrides any last meal. 

So here I am, sipping a hot cup of french vanilla on this cold day, thinking about how everything changes in life for me, starting tomorrow. This is my last treat to me. 

Really excited for the future.

Darbaybe_2014
on 10/5/14 9:36 pm - Kitchener, Canada

Hi Jennifer, 

I think you have an amazing attitude. I hope when I get to the place you are at ( night before Opti) that I am as ready as you are.  Food has had such a hold on me for so long. My desire to he healthy and comfortable in my own skin NEEDS to come first. When I think of all the last dinners I have had before "starting a diet" it makes me ill....This surgery is the tool that can stop all that nonsense...IF we are emotionally and physically ready for it...Sounds like you are there my friend!

I wish you all the best during Opti and in your upcoming surgery.  Give us updates ! 

I am excited for the future as well... 

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/14 6:18 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thanks so much Darlene!

I do feel ready, and I so agree, it DOES need to come first. I have really do not have any memories of feeling truly comfortable in my own skin, I do see this changing once and for all, now!

I wish you the best throughout your journey as well, and I will be cheering you on! 

Jiliana2
on 10/5/14 10:01 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Excellent. You're definitely in the right frame of mind for surgery. Like you, thinking of a "last meal" (or as some do, a last "week of meals!") wasn't my thing.

I was just eager and excited to move on to the next steps. I can sense the excitement in your words. It's a wonderful feeling. Things DO get pretty amazing from here on out. Enjoy the ride!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/14 6:21 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I am ready for amazing to happen!!  Congrats on your success :D 

Karen M.
on 10/5/14 10:41 pm, edited 10/5/14 10:41 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I was so focused on having surgery and being as well as I could be that a "last meal" didn't even cross my mind. I figured I had already had many years of "last meals", no need to add another one.  I also knew that post-op I would once again, in moderation, have my favourites again. No need for a food funeral, I wanted to get on with life.

K.

P.S. I'm glad to see you back. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/14 6:23 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Hi Karen :)

I felt exactly the same last night, and I am sure I will be able to enjoy food again in the future, in a healthy way! for once! Thanks for the welcome back :) I kinda knew you knew it was me 

Karen M.
on 10/6/14 7:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

Couldn't miss the common sense. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Mary A.
on 10/6/14 1:23 am

I think many people think that they will never eat their favourite foods again, truly most people can eat almost anything...but it's the choices you will choose to make AFTER surgery.  I still enjoy ribs, although I don't eat an entire order, I eat 1/4 cup of rice instead of an entire bowl and my one thing I still don't eat much of is bread.

When I have a hamburger I don't have a bun, I top my patty with lettuce tomato mustard and enjoy.  I cut up a lot of my food I never used to and that also helps slow down my eating.

I am almost 6 years post-op and I have maintained a 103lb weight loss

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/14 6:26 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Congratulations on your weightloss, and thank you for sharing. I am sure i will be able to at one point enjoy those things as well, in moderation. I plan on working my tool to the fullest! I am super excited to get this started. Congrats again on your success

Most Active