What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 10/3/14 8:01 pm

RNY  5 Years 6 Months Post Op

Morning

Gone Girl was a great movie.  I knew what was coming so didn't enjoy it as much as my husband who hadn't read the book.  Paperwork today and out to the football game tonight.  First time in the new stadium.

STEPS - a miserable 3800

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1/2 container of eggbeaters

2 slices of Cdn bacon

S - 2 slices of Cdn bacon

D - Italian sausage - 1 link

1 cup of caesar salad

S - 1 S/F popsicle

Source dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,078,  Carbs - 31 Grams,  Fat - 30 Grams,  Protein - 102 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Monica9811
on 10/3/14 8:40 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Good morning Barb. I thought you might like this link today from egg face. She has some pretty neat recipes on here and CC and Karen might enjoy the first one. 

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.ca

Karen M.
on 10/3/14 11:56 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Hi Monica,

I have gotten a lot of ideas over the years from eggface - great link, especially for newer post-ops! The first recipe is for protein donuts - even though they have some protein powder in them, they are still donuts. lol  I love to cook - it is a wonderful hobby for me and I love looking at new ideas/recipes. What I find now, after so many years post-op, is that eating all of the things I love is very simple to do without having to add (gross) protein powder to anything. LOL Some people really like making "diet" donuts and muffins etc, I'm just not one of them. To me, a donut is still a donut. hahaha

Eggface has given new post-ops hope that they will eventually eat "real" food again and for that, I commend her highly!

Have a great day,

Karen :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 10/3/14 8:53 pm, edited 10/3/14 8:54 pm

Glad you enjoyed the movie Barb.  My husband and I love a good movie.  Last night we went to a friend's dinner party.  There were many, many desserts, but I ate my leftover sashimi bento.  I did have a couple of pieces of cheese but was still able to stay under 900 calories so I am happy about that.  Today it is a rainy dreary day so more household chores and paperwork.

11 weeks post-op

B. Decaf coffee then 1/2 of a low carb, high protein everything Dream Bagel with 1T light Western cream cheese and chives and smoked salmon

S. Greek Yogurt and Syntrax fuzzy navel protein shake

L. The last  third of my sashimi bento leftovers, so salmon, tuna, snapper, salad (my first time having a salad since before Opti.  I pulled the lettuce and will eat the high nutrient greens)

S. The last Chike until my shipment arrives.

D. 1/4 cup Whole wheat pasta, 1/6 of a large turkey spinach meatball, 1/8 cup of mushrooms and 1/4 cup Jamie Oliver pasta sauce

S. Greek Yogurt

MFP totals, Cal. 790, Carbs 42, Fat 24, Protein 102

Have a good day everyone.

birdiegirl
on 10/3/14 8:54 pm

Hi Monica

I haven't looked yet at what you have suggested.  When I was first out I tried different recipes etc etc.  Now at 5 1/2 years out I find most of my food is cooked as is.  I like plain meat and veggies...love Tzatziki sauce etc.  I don't eat a lot of complicated food.  First because I just don't want to spend the time cooking and gathering the ingredients and second because if I keep it simple I seem to eat less of it.  I save the exciting food for eating out - and even then I usually eat protein and veggies. 

I just find it easier for me to keep things really simple.  However I do admire those who prepare wonderfully complicated surgery friendly foods!

Monica9811
on 10/3/14 9:46 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I'm with you Barb. I eat a lot of the same stuff every day and don't get fancy. My breakfast consists of Greek yogurt with protein cereal sprinkled on top. My lunch is usually a chicken souvlaki with tzatziki or grilled peamale (sp). Dinner I try different things like stirfrys, homemade chicken parm or stuffed tenderloin. Once or twice a week I will have red meat. Our veggies all summer are cucumbers and tomatoes. Will miss them when the farmer market closes. 

On her blog today though she did have a chike breakfast muffin and egg bites were a pizza version. I know Karen mentions those in her menus and they both love that chike stuff.  Some people are more creative then us that's why I thought I would post the link. 

Have a great day. 

crqvingchange
on 10/3/14 11:26 pm

Hi Monica, Eggface had a Chai breakfast muffin, not Chike.  Chai tea is infused with lots of spices.  The Chike that Karen and I are addicted to is a lot like Tim Hortons iced cappuccino in flavour.  I love Eggface's website.  Right now I just have not felt like cooking much.  My freezer is full and no room for batch cooking.  My centre is asking me to up my carbs and try to have some with every meal.  I bought some low carb, high protein bagels from the low carb grocery which should be enough carbs to satisfy my centre's requirements.  But if the whole carb thing stalls my weight loss I may have to rethink my carb intake.  I used to love grilled meat or chicken with tzatziki, but haven't been eating any chicken because when I tried it on its own it didn't sit well, but it seems fine in chili.  My centre says no red meat for 6 months.

birdiegirl
on 10/3/14 11:33 pm

Hey Monica

Don't get me wrong....I think its great that you posted that link....eggface is great and I love her eggbites....just haven't made them in awhile....like you I find I am better eating much of the same things that I like....I don't really get bored

Karen M.
on 10/3/14 11:50 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Barb, glad you enjoyed the movie - will definitely see it.

Not really sure what all I am doing today but I know I will be going to Costco as Andrew wants to go (ugh, the crowds!), scouring the internet for the cheapest new Focus Hatch I can find, and doing some cooking for the weekend and week ahead. Not sure what else!

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Source Greek 50, Premier protein shake

S - (1 egg) egg salad on top of 1 slice whole grain toast, sliced tomato

L - crustless quiche (1.5 eggs, meat, cheese, veggies) - last one, need to make more today

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - Troy's pinwheel steak recipe (but made with chicken and stuffed with H&G cream cheese, Swiss, spinach, red peppers and onions), quarter baked acorn squash

S - not sure!

Have a great Saturday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sassy75
on 10/4/14 2:31 am - North York, Canada

Hi everyone, 

i bought some some single serving portions of stuffed chicken breast at M & M Meats. They have 200 calories, 26 protein for 5 ounces.  They seemed really good to me but was wondering if anyone else has had experience with foods from there?!? 

Most Active