What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

crqvingchange
on 9/27/14 10:02 pm

Good morning everyone.  Looks like it's going to be a nice day today.  Pat the scallops last night were fantastic, and 4 were more than enough.  I asked to have them served with sauteed mushrooms instead of crispy pancetta and it was perfect.  Today because the weather is nice, I am going to paint the railings and the the black iron planters and obelisk, then more paperwork.  I am finding that I am feeling stronger when I'm walking and there is more of a spring in my step.  Last night I got two compliments.  Both were pretty much the same saying I looked really great, they were not sure what was different but I looked good.  It felt nice to be complimented and on the way home my husband said "You do look nice".  That makes me want to work even harder.  Look out ladies at AquaFit, this big girl is going to make waves and your hair just might get wet lol.

10 weeks post op

B. Decaf coffee with hazelnut sweetener while I'm making my small poached egg on top of smoked salmon topped off with 1T Hollandaise.

S. Syntrax fuzzy nave and 1 Yoplait dessert yogurt.

L.  Leftover shrimp chow mein.  Didn't get to eat it yesterday because errands took too long.

S. Chike protein coffee and Source Greek 50 lemon yogurt.

D. Leftover tilapia with Greek beans

S. Source Greek 50 vanilla yogurt on top of a few slices of banana heated in the microwave with a little SF Caramel topping.  A little like Bananas Foster.

Have a great day everyone.

Karen M.
on 9/27/14 10:33 pm, edited 9/27/14 10:36 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

How great to get compliments and know that your weight loss is obvious (not just to you, but others) and an even better compliment from your husband. :) You've had me thinking about scallops the past couple of days, will have to get out and pick some up for one day this week - love, love, love!  You and hubby are very social - you have done so well with all the meals out, etc. Good for you! Go make some waves!

Going to a farmers market this morning (if all goes as planned) (read: get out of bed Andrew), a couple of things to pick up at the grocery store and then an afternoon of healthy(ish) appetizers with my new love, NFL (sorry Andrew). lol Afternoon snack and dinner will look appetizer-like, but will all fit into my healthy eating plan for sure. Not sure what else I will get myself into today.

As a personal aside, I had been feeling pretty awful at times over the past 4 days and couldn't figure out what was going on with me. Finally figured it out yesterday - withdrawals. I am in the process of weaning myself off of a prescription narcotic pain patch that I have been on since mid-2013 due to my illness last year (doctor supervised, of course) and did not in any way expect the weakness, restlessness, headache, food avoidance, terrible anxiety, etc. This has not been fun and it has not been easy. I have a whole new appreciation for those who become physically dependant on things, despite taking as directed and simply wanting to wean oneself off.

Anyway, I am rambling (as per the usual).

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the morning and afternoon -

B - Source Greek 50, Premier protein shake

S - Chike protein iced coffee (having food avoidance but need the nutrients)

L - 3 oz tuna salad stuffed into a small sweet pepper (so sad that my sweet Hungarian peppers are finished for the year)

S, D - football eats: tastes, bites and samples from any of the following (except the mozzarella sticks, I will only have one of those lol): small homemade meatballs dipped in Sweet Thai Chili or BBQ sauce, grilled shrimp skewers, bruschetta, veggies and dip, assorted cheeses and a couple of crackers, pickles, olives, ham cheese pickle roll-ups, grapes, mozzarella stick

I have no idea why I am suddenly interested in NFL football this year, but I do suspect that the cooking and relaxed appetizer eating is a (lets not lie, BIG) part of it. LOL!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Karen :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 9/28/14 1:53 am

Karen that must be awful going through withdrawal of your meds.  Please get lots of rest and nutrients.

Not sure it was weight loss that they noticed, just that I looked better, lol.  I have found in the past that when you are large, and lose weight, it isn't as noticeable for a while.  Whereas if you were smaller and lost the same amount of weight it is very noticeable.  I guess, large is large, and that's how you are perceived.  Also, I am still wearing most of the same clothes, they are just looser now. 

Karen M.
on 9/28/14 7:21 am - Mississauga, Canada

Not gonna lie, it is a real ***** of a thing that I wasn't expecting. A little better at times today (thankfully) but wow, I am irritable. This too shall pass :)

They definitely noticed the weight loss - they just couldn't put their finger on what was different about you. That's usually how it happens at first believe it or not. It's happened to most of us! lol

Karen

Patm
on 9/27/14 10:53 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Your scallops sound great. We ended up having chicken kabobs. Compliments are nice especially from our loved ones. Have a good day painting. I think the amount of energy I now have is the greatest gift of this surgery.

I am off to church soon. Unfortunately there is a barbeque  today for lunch. Burgers and hotdogs. I am going to take my own lunch. Were are having a birthday dinner for my sons partner.  She has requested burgers!

I hope to go for a bike ride this afternoon. It is just too nice to work inside. Bike to the Distillery District for a coffee.

b 2 eggs, 2 bacon, source dessert yogurt

l 2 baby bel, desert yogurt

d burger, sl cheese, cabbage salad

s bite of birthday cake

Have a great day everyone

crqvingchange
on 9/28/14 2:01 am

Pat a sunny day in the Distillery District sounds like heaven.  I don't think I could trust myself around Soma.  Since surgery I have become more of a sweet girl (Chike, latte, SF pudding) whereas before I was more of a savoury girl (I'd better finish the open bottle of Clamato in my fridge before it goes bad).

You are right about the increased energy.  I am getting more done, and taking very few naps these days unless I wake up in the middle of the night for no reason,lol.

Have a good ride to the Distillery District, and fun BBQ.

Zizzler
on 9/28/14 4:43 am

All psyched up for my first ever hot yoga session and when I got there was told it was cancelled!  So I just did my regular recumbent cycling and weight lifting routine for an hour instead.  Then Costco for vitamins and premier protein shakes, dogs food etc.  Not sure why I did not join Costco sooner, just from today's shop I am saving over 120 dollars!  Only rotten thing is my knee has begun hurting me again today for the first time, guess I overdid it a little at the gym, though I thought I was being careful.  Guess I will request a referral to the sports doctor again and see what he says, maybe more physio would help.

6 week post op

b - premier protein shake, multivitamin, b12

s - 1/2 quest bar

l - 1/2 all beef hot dog no bun at Costco, water

s - sf fruit punch kool aid, calcium/d

d - triscuit crackers with habernero cheese, mashed avocado with lemon, oregano, salt/pepper

s - triscuit crackers with habernero cheese, mashed avocado with lemon, oregano, salt/pepper

before bed - protein hot chocolate, meds, omega, vit d, calcium/d

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Almostthere1966
on 9/28/14 5:49 am - Canada

Good Afternoon long lost buddies from the losers bench and soon to be loosers bench

Yeap  I  know been away way to long, between down n the dumps moods and low self esteem and being busy with life wha can  tell ya :) but enough of that time for the daily diet :)

2 and a half months after the sleeve surgery

B- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt, 1/2 cup cream of wheat and 1 slice processed cheese

S- 1 8 oz cup regular coffee with a tsp of 1 percent milk

L- 1/2 cup cream of wheat and 1q/2 cup chicken flakes with 1 tsp mayo

D- 1 and a half cups of homemade chicken and rice soup and weekly treat of 1 scoop lowfat yoghurt blueberry icecream

bedtime snack  4 plain crackers and 1 slice bolona with skin peeled off

During the day, dishes, laundry, and 1/2 hr walk outdoors for fresh air

preparing for 1/2 day slow arobic (sp) exercise tomorrow

Take care, have fun and Stay safe

Kathy

Karen M.
on 9/28/14 7:24 am - Mississauga, Canada

Kathy, I was thinking about you YESTERDAY and wondering where you were! How ironic that you would post today. I even went to look you up and for the life of me I couldn't remember your user-name here.

Very good to see you posting. Despite the mood issues and *life* in general, it looks as though you're doing well.   Glad to see you! Karen

Karen

Most Active