hospital cost???

Catw
on 9/26/14 12:09 am - Arnprior, Canada

Call the hospital and talk to Administration, they can clarify what the costs are for you (have your hospital card when you call, you may need a number on it so they can get your file in the computer).  I had coverage for a private room through my insurance (up to x dollars) so I didn't have to pay for my semi-private room.  If you do ask for at TV or phone, it will be extra.  I didn't have the option of either.  If someone wanted to talk to me, they called the nurse's station and they brought me a portable phone.

Cathy

mellabella115
on 9/26/14 1:46 am - North York, Canada

I didn't get a hospital card...the lady made one for me but kept it paper clipped to my file...i assumed i would receive it when i go in...this is my first time ever being admitted to a hospital all new to me

redviking
on 9/26/14 12:11 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

My private insurance covered a semi-private room so they told me ahead of time the insurance company would be charged 215 a night.  Is that what she meant?

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Hollynik
on 9/26/14 2:55 am - Canada

If you have insurance they will just bill your insurance directly but don't worry, when you check in on your day they will ask about insurance and phone for billing.  On mine they crossed out phone since I didn't need it and I signed saying if my insurance didn't pay I would be responsible.  I had a semi private room with no roommate so it was nice for me.  The card they made for you at your PATTS will be given to you when you are discharged.  You check with the nurses station before you leave and they give it to you then.  If you don't have any insurance just make sure they put you in a ward room instead of semi.  There will be four beds in that room instead of two.

LynTO
on 9/26/14 3:16 am - Canada

Yes most insurance companies only cover 2 nights in a semi private room, after that the charge is around $245/per night for a semi and $290/per night for a private.  But you can ask them in advance to move you to a ward bed, if available, after your coverage runs out...  

Most times if your insurer does not cover the full dollar amount per night for a semi you will be billed for the surplus.

Needanewbeginning
on 9/26/14 3:44 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Exactly, so the key here is simply to call your insurance company to confirm what your coverage is. Is it a max per year, per stay? What is the amount? $250, $245, $215? You need to know because you will be billed the difference, unless of course you should be so lucky not to have a 'ward' bed available for you and they put you in semi or private, that my friend would be great right??!!

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

mellabella115
on 9/26/14 4:05 am - North York, Canada

Well i gave them my insurance but i never asked for any type of room...i know my insurance won't cover it all but my husband's will so the lady told me to bring his coverage card the day of...but i never signed or asked for private room...should i wait and tell them the day of?

1HealthyMomma
on 9/26/14 6:53 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

She most likely told you the cost because if your insurance doesn't cover it you are responsible for the cost. I would call your insurance and your husband and make sure you are covered before hand just in case. That's a lot to be out of pocket.

Take Care,

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Most Active