What are you eating/doing this morning (Saturday)

Patm
on 9/12/14 11:12 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Out shortly to walk the dog. This will help my steps. I have exercised everyday but one this week but my steps are low. Lots of errands and housework.

B egg, cheese

L deli chicken, cheese slice

S skim milk and protein powder

L chili, salad

S yogurt, granola, blueberries

Cal 927, carb 53.9, prot 89.2

crqvingchange
on 9/13/14 12:03 am

Good morning.  It's raining buckets here, so no work in the garden today.  I have so many things that need doing inside, I think I'll start re-organizing the basement.  Tonight hubby and I are going to for dinner and live music.  I will have to find something else on the menu, or I'll be eating cheese grits for the rest of the week.

8 weeks post-op

B. 1 egg scrambled with habanero cheese melted on top and salsa

S.Chike vanilla protein shake with coffee and pumpkin pie spice made with 1/2 1% milk and 1/2 water

L. Leftover surimi salad, avocado, spicy tuna and 1/2 cup tomato and roasted red pepper soup

S.syntrax fuzzy navel protein drink

S.2 Nordica cottage cheese on the go with 1t sf raspberry jam (we will not have dinner until after 8:00, so I will need a snack)

D. Blackened catfish, BBQ baked beans, maybe seasonal veg. or soup depending on what the restaurant has on offer.

S.Yoplait super fruit selection yogurt

MFP totals cal. 935 Carbs. 50, fat 32, Protein 106

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Karen M.
on 9/13/14 4:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

Pumpkin pie spice - what a great idea! I sometimes add a shot of SF cinnamon syrup to my Chike - VERY yummy.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 9/13/14 8:25 am

Thanks for the tip Karen.

Karen M.
on 9/13/14 4:07 am - Mississauga, Canada

Afternoon all :)

The weather is making me sad - I am not ready to say good-bye to summer yet! A few errands to run, my son is coming to visit, dinner, cards, movie... not sure... with Andrew and Jesse (very lucky they like each other quite a lot) and likely a visit with my mom and dad. Not sure what else!

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, maybe a couple more this afternoon, evening, may have to switch to decaf lol) -

B - Source Greek 50, Premier protein shake

S - nothing, I took a nap haha

L - 1 cup alligator stew, a few cucumber slices

S - Chike protein iced coffee, later: 3 crackers with cheese, 1 oz kielbasa, a few grapes

D - BBQ homemade burger all the fixings no bun, tomato cucumber onion feta salad (about half a cup)

S - not sure yet

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

K. :)

Karen

Zizzler
on 9/13/14 5:53 am

What is alligator stew?  Is it actually alligator?

crqvingchange
on 9/13/14 8:29 am

I think Karen said it was beef, beans and onions, and that it was yummy.  She never did give a recipe detailing the spices, enquiring minds need to know, please.

Karen M.
on 9/13/14 10:29 pm, edited 9/13/14 10:30 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Nope! It's a French-Canadian recipe that a guy I worked with several years ago served at a brunch. I don't have the exact measurements anymore, but this is the basic (VERY simple) recipe (approximately):

1 lb ground beef

4 slices bacon, chopped

1/2 can crushed tomatoes

3 cans brown beans

1 large onion, halved and sliced thin

1 small green pepper, diced

1 Tbsp. Worcestershire

1 Tbsp. yellow mustard

2 cloves garlic, crushed

1 tsp. black pepper

Fry bacon in a large frying pan; remove. Add ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic to pan and sautee. In a casserole dish combine beef/onion/green pepper mixture with the remaining ingredients. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until bubbly.

1 cup = approximately 200 cal, 17g protein

So simple, so deli****'s carb-heavy due to the beans though.

Karen

Zizzler
on 9/14/14 3:47 am

Sounds awesome, I am going to try using regular beans rather than brown beans, add more ez-sweetz to make up for the sugar in the brown beans.  Thank you!

Zizzler
on 9/13/14 5:51 am, edited 9/13/14 5:51 am

Rain is making me feel lazy and not want to go out. I should fix my treadmill the basement for days like this, it is still in pieces down there, but it is one of those things that never seems to get completed. Someday, hopefully before this winter rolls around, it would be nice to have that option on cold days rather than having to go to the gym all the time. Up to 45 minutes of recumbent cycling at the gym now, feels good not to have the knee pain anymore. 

4 weeks post op!

b - decaf coffee protein almond milk shake, multivitamin, b12, prevacid

l - 4 triscuit crackers with habernero cheese (first time trying habernero cheese and I love it!)

s - nesfruta sf pineapple coconut, calcium/d

d - 4 extra lean meatballs with marzano tomatoes, lf mozzarella, and parmesan cheese

s - 1/2 quest protein bar

before bed: rest of meds, omega, vit d,

Most Active