Exercise**

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/14 9:57 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Okay confession of bad behaviour......, so last week I was on vacation for a week and kinda took it easy.  I still did mild walking and stretching, but no major cardio, stretching or weights.  I did not eat anything more as I am only 5 months post op and couldn't if I wanted to, which I don't.  I had been steadily losing a pound or two a week however, I gained 1 pound and felt like crap.  I also felt weaker and my skin less firm....

This week I had to kick it up a notch to get back on track, and I realised that past behaviour needs to be adjusted and at worst on vacation I need to do cardio and stretching every two days.  I am disappointed in myself and realise how much I have changed since the operation that I am bothered by my lack of commitment while on vacation, but glad to see that I now have the fortitude to overcome and bounce back as I did this past week and workout harder.  I lost the pound I gained and one additional pound and am back on track.....and I know it is not just about losing weight..I also feel stronger and my skin less flabby!

So while I do not always initially feel like working out....I realise that I must in order to feel better in the long run.....

Kelly

Monica M.
on 9/11/14 10:30 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

Good for you!!! i've found that i enjoy exercising more when i'm on vacation, because i can do it on my own agenda.. you know, get up, have a coffee.. breakfast... run... nap....

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/14 11:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

yes, I think I will take that attitude

Patm
on 9/11/14 11:32 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Because I sit on my butt all day I find on vacation I usually lose weight because I am always on the move. You will get into a routine as you go farther.

Wesley T.
on 9/12/14 11:46 am - Canada

Even on a vacation, say after for me it would be on the elliptical in the gym room, and you have the added luxury of taking a nice muscle relaxing Jacuzzi or tanning on the beach. Nothing is better than tanning... God, I can't wait for the Mayan Rivera... Take me away 

REFERRAL: FEB 14 ORIENTATION: AUG 22/14 SOCIAL WORKER: SEP 19/14 NURSE PRACTITIONER: OCT 22/14 PHARMACIST: OCT 23/14 

SURGEON APT: FEB 06/15 SURGERY DATE: APRIL 13/15 HW: 333 (Pre-Optifast) CW: 260.5

Most Active