What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

TES
on 9/10/14 3:24 am - Ottawa, Canada

Thanks Karen.  I've been lucky (?) in that I've not had many issues with adding new foods.  I learned quickly to stay away from fatty meats and to limit fruits (too sugary I guess).  But everything else has been going down well.  It's a double edged sword as I'm glad to have the variety, but scared to death of eating the wrong stuff!  However, the ability to slowly snack on a crunchy veggie was a heaven-sent gift!!

TES

Onward and
Downward

on 9/10/14 2:34 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I agree with Karen - that's a fine looking menu!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

new_me180
on 9/10/14 3:17 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Hi guys. Not new to the site but new to the food thread. Hoping to increase my calories as i still find it difficult to do at 10 and a half months out. Hope you guys can give me ideas as well as how change up my menu. I eat quite a variety of food but, i found out that i don't really like steak that much, used to be my favourite protein before surgery. Now i mostly eat chicken breast and fish.

B  -       1 scrambled egg with half slice of fat free swiss cheese, 1/4 banana, 1/4 english muffin

L  -       1/3 cup ground beef, 1/4 cup cucumbers

D  -       1/3 cup shrimp, 1/4 cup green beens, 1/4 cup in cuisine risotto

-       1oz cheese and plum, 1/4 cup canned mackerel, pudding cup with some protein powder.

-       all in

W -      15 cups

E -       zumba, strength training, treadmill

Totals -   680 cal, 68 protein. 

I find it hard to pass 700 cal on most days and that's one thing i'm working on. have hit almost 800 cal of a few occasions and i don't want to have low maintenance cal, that's why i want to find ways of increasing them.

NIa

Onward and
Downward

on 9/10/14 4:42 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Are you finding yourself uncomfortable on the number of calories you're eating? I'm liking your menu - seems nicely balanced with protein and complex carbs like veggies and fruit.

Do you have planned snacks between your meals? That might be a way to get a few more calories in if you're concerned. What does the dietitian at your centre think, or have you been to see her or him lately?

Anyhow, welcome to the thread!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

new_me180
on 9/10/14 6:22 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I find my calories a bit low for someone who is almost a year out. Somedays i can eat all my planned food, most time not. I plan to have three snacks a day and most days i do eat all three but not all the time. I just feel restriction and really full most days. I did call the dietician and addressed my concerns a few months ago and she did agree that i need to increase my cals by adding a few complex carbs. I managed to do that for about a month or so and my weight was dropping nicely. Then recently i noticed i was struggling to eat and my weight loss has slowed down. The surgeon is going to scope me to see if i have another ulcer.

Thanks

crqvingchange
on 9/10/14 3:28 am

Barb your numbers are amazing.  I love toasted tomato sandwiches too.

crqvingchange
on 9/10/14 3:41 am

I am late posting today because I had to get out the door very early this morning.  Everyone's menus are sounding so good.

7 weeks post-op

B. Syntrax fuzzy navel protein drink before swimming

S. large decaf, Chike protein coffee, 1/4 toasted whole wheat English muffin with 1T Greek Yogurt cream cheese, 22g of smoked salmon (this was the first time since surgery that I have tried bread, but Guelph wants us to try it.  Not really feeling it)

L. 1/2 SOL spicy black bean burger with habanero cheese, guacamole, PC greek yogurt jalapeno dip, fresh salsa

S. another Chike protein coffee

D.  Blackened halibut with sauteed peppers and 1/8 cup cheesy grits

S. Liberte 0% yogurt with 1T black currant/apple sugar free topping

S. Greek yogurt before bed with my pills.

MFP totals Cal 954 Carbs 64 Fat 30 Protein 109

Exercise Aquafit 45 min, gardening 1 hour

Onward and
Downward

on 9/10/14 4:45 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Looks like a good menu to me!  As for bread - eat a bit if you like it, but I wouldn't force myself to eat it if I were you.

That dinner sounds yummilicious.

Zizzler
on 9/10/14 5:28 am, edited 9/10/14 5:29 am

I love tomato sandwiches too, so I totally can relate to what you are saying, addictive!  Well I got up to 40 minutes of recumbent cycling at the gym yesterday, a new post-op record for me.  I am using the lowest resistance level so as not to overdo it, but am still very sweaty when I am done.  Also walking the dogs is so much easier now, actually everything is so much easier now physically. No more panic attacks (knock on wood) since the one last Friday, just some regular anxiety which only makes sense given the changes I am going through. 

b - banana coffee protein shake, multivitamin, b12

s - sf Dasani grape, calcium/d

l - 4 regular triscuits with whipped peanut butter and banana (wow I love this combo)

s - sf grape Dasani, calcium/d

d - turkey and beef chilli with habanero cheese,  plain greek yogurt (add protein powder)

s - cottage cheese with canned peaches or a garlic roast beef roll with mozarella

before bed - sf Dasani grape with meds, extra vitamin d, omega pill

Most Active