Surgery is in one month!!!

GreenEyez333
on 9/7/14 7:45 pm - Canada

My surgery is October 8 at Humber river regional hospital with dr Klein. So nervous any tips or advice or anything you guys want to share with me ?? If you have a list of things you did before hand I'd love to see it. So overwhelming oh my :) but so very excited!! 

Referral Dec 6/13, Orientation Feb 24/14, 1st Surgeon appt March 27 2014, SW/RD/RN April 7 2014, Dr Glazer May 7 2014, Sleep Study May 11 2014, Dr Glazer July 2 2014,  2nd Surgeon apt July 14, optifast sept 24, surgery date October 8 2014!!! 

EllenMW
on 9/7/14 10:15 pm

I have my surgery on Oct 7th with Dr. Hagen, so Perhaps we will be walking the halls together at some point!! The only thing I am doing before is having different foods that I know I wont be having after the surgery and I am making a list of things I will have to take with me to eat once I am back at the hotel.  Good luck to you and Hope to see you walking the halls!!

Pegasus_AM
on 9/8/14 1:26 am

I'm so jealous!!  I'm just a newbie in this process and just attended orientation 3 weeks ago. Congratulations to you. I can't offer any tips other than what to take to the hospital. Make sure you take things that will help ensure your comfort. I myself always take some of my own clothes and change as soon as I'm able, my own pillows and a comfy blanket. Then be sure you take your own toiletries because they aren't provided plus I always feel more comfortable using my own things (brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, chap stick, hand lotion, etc..) I hear all the veterans of WLS saying how important walking is so comfortable non slip slippers and a housecoat too!!  Good-luck.I look forward to hearing about your progress :-)

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

1HealthyMomma
on 9/8/14 1:37 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I hear you, I'm with Dr. Klein as well. In fact we were at the same orientation. My surgery is October 14 and it is coming fast. I don't have any advise but do wish you all the best wish this journey.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Most Active