I need help for a friend

Can_Lil_Saint
on 9/7/14 11:31 am - Georgetown, Canada

Hello everybody! 

I have a friend that I consider a "pioneer" in her gastric surgery since she is well over 10 years post op.

She had gained quite a few pounds back and was asking me to post the question about revision surgery.  She was wonder cost and locations.

Can anyone help? 

Thanks in advance.

Catw
on 9/7/14 10:18 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I've seen a few people on here talk about revisions.  I think OHIP might pay for it, depending on the cir****tances.  I'd suggest she talk to her docter and have them put a referral to the registry for a revision.  It won't be quick going through this path, but the sooner she starts...

Cathy

dawn4511
on 9/7/14 10:28 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
Dr Hong out of St Joes in Hamilton does revisions. It is covered by OHIP. What wls did she have? I had RNY 7yrs ago, I'm currently on my way to a ds. My RNY was reversed and I was sleeved on 8/14/14.

It's about a little over two years with all the appointments and her family dr has to send in a referral.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Can_Lil_Saint
on 9/8/14 2:12 am - Georgetown, Canada

Thank you for the help!  She had RNY done and her mother passed away and her eating got out of control.  She has tried various other diets but has been able to curb a total regain of her RNY weight.  She has been able to get a tummy tuck out of it all though.

She has been a big help through my pre-op journey so that is why I thought this was the least I could do for her.

Thanks again for the help!

Can_Lil_Saint
on 9/8/14 11:48 am - Georgetown, Canada

She would like to know if you have a number she can send her stuff to? 

Most Active