Having a bad day

Blueiiis
on 9/6/14 7:32 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Thank you for your kind words :)

TES
on 9/6/14 6:16 am - Ottawa, Canada

I'm sorry you're feeling so down.  :(  Like the others said, do not sweat it right now.  Try to get a bit more protein in, drink as much as you can and, PUT YOUR SCALE AWAY.  I'm serious.  Put it away and don't look at the numbers.  I got rid of mine before my surgery and only weigh in at medical appointments.  This way, I am more in tune with the changes in my body.  I see how loose my clothes are.  I see how much further I can walk and how much energy I have.  I don't really care how much weight I've lost because I feel so good and I know that changes are happening.

Be gentle to yourself and stop worrying.  You are doing everything right and that's what matters.

*big hug*

TES

Blueiiis
on 9/6/14 7:35 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Thank you :) I knew this stall would be coming, but holy crap it did a number on me! I am afraid to throw out the scale... Maybe will ask Hubby to hide it for a while.  My clothes are looser, even my shoes are too big as my feet no longer swell! 

majphatch
on 9/6/14 6:48 am - Roanoke, VA

I completely understand....I am heading into my 4th week post op...I lost 19lbs the 1st 2weeks and then have only lost 1lb. Its very frustrating.....I keep thinking/feeling that I did this for nothing. But I keep reading other posts and know that eventually my body will adjust and start losing. Good luck and have faith that it will happen:)

Blueiiis
on 9/6/14 7:35 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

We will get through this! Good luck to you too :)

Nicukynurse
on 9/6/14 9:23 am

I fell your pain!  I am 5 weeks post-op and I am not losing that either.  I haven't gained any.  I am hitting my 60g of protein so I don't understand.  Hope it gets better for you!

Blueiiis
on 9/6/14 11:31 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

That is rough! I hope that your stall ends soon... And the weight comes off easily.  :)

Samantha F.
on 9/6/14 11:26 am - Coden, AL
RNY on 06/09/14

Do a search on this site for "three week stall," you will be amazed at the posts. I thought I was going crazy! I wasn't able to keep anything down due to a stricture in my esophagus and still wasn't losing weight. Mine lasted about three weeks, but when it started moving again, the weight came quickly. My NUT saidbto expect 3 week, 3 month, 6 month and one year stalls. She was right, I'm three months out on Tuesday and haven't lost a pound in four days. 

Blueiiis
on 9/6/14 11:34 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I did a search, and glad to know that it happens a lot!  It must have been tough lasting three weeks.... I am definitely going to out away my scale because I will drive myself crazy if I don't lose right away. 

LynTO
on 9/6/14 6:31 pm - Canada

I'm sorry you're were having a bad day!  I'm sending you all my positive vibrations and well wishes!!

keep your head up!

Most Active