What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 9/5/14 8:24 pm

RNY  5 Years 5 Months Post Op

Morning

I will be having a complete carb fest today.  Going to get it over with in one day.  Out to my fav bagel place this morning....meeting friends at a little Italian restaurant with great pasta for dinner this evening.  I will be severely bloated tomorrow...

STEPS - 6800

EATS

B1 - Premier protein shake

2 large mugs of coffee

B2 - 1/2 cinnamon raisin bagel with apple walnut cream cheese

L - 1/2 cinnamon raisin bagel with apple walnut cream cheese

D - Linguine Alio Olio - Linguini with olive oil, garlic and parsley - 1.5 cups

large glass of Merlot

1 piece of bread dipped in olive oil/balsamic

S - S/F popsicle

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,642,  Carbs - 194 Grams,  Fat - 35 Grams,  Protein - 67 Grams

Calories etc are fine for me....the carbs will put me up and bloated for a day or so...but no real weight gain

All water and vits

Have a great one  

TanyaLH
on 9/5/14 9:22 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

15 months post op

steps 10629

Good morning

mmmmm....carbs...Barb, enjoy your carb fest today :)

Busy morning ahead, dog to the groomer, laundry shopping, farmers market, and a few errands and the pick the dog up. Then not sure what we will be doing.

Did anyone else get the bad thunder storms yesterday/last night? Was alittle scary here.

B- 1 Source yohurt, small banana w/ 1 tbs PB, protein coffee

S- tea, Quest bar

L- Clover Leaf snack size tuna (Sweet Chili Thai) 3 melbas

D- 3/4 cup homemade Tomato and Onion soup w/ 1/2 ww grilled cheese

S- 2 tbs humus w/ 1/4 of a pita, cherry tomatos

Be well everyone    

Tanya

Karen M.
on 9/5/14 10:40 pm - Mississauga, Canada

YES, it was a wild night out there! The thunder had me just about jumping out of my skin several times!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 9/5/14 10:39 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all,

Carbs are such a treat, aren't they? The nice thing is that you can do that for a day at this far out, enjoy them, and then get back to your regular eating the next day without splurging for the rest of the month and without wrecking anything - its one day in a lifetime of days.

Had an extremely busy week with family birthdays, a family members health issues and my usual goings-on. I found the car I want (finally), now I just have to go and buy it I guess. lol Meeting 25 or so of the wonderful people here for lunch today, running a few errands and then home for cards, movie, not sure what else with Andrew.

8 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Source Greek 50, 1 slice whole grain toast, garden tomato

S - Chike protein iced coffee

L - spinach salad with grilled chicken (or maybe shrimp, haven't decided)

S - some lunch leftovers if I need one

D - 3 oz BBQ pork tenderloin, garden salad with a little dressing, half cob of corn

S - likely just tea with a little milk

Have a great Saturday,

Karen

P.S. Sorry for the lack of punctuation, my laptop keeps doing that to me lol

Karen

crqvingchange
on 9/5/14 11:22 pm, edited 9/5/14 11:23 pm

Good  morning all.  Last night was a fun night out with a friend for dinner and live music, but that storm drenched us on the way back to the car.  Today it's a drive to Mississauga for the luncheon at Clarkson Pump and Patio.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  I tend to be more private online, but it's nice to meet some of the faces that have given me such great advice.

7 weeks post-op

B.Scrambled egg with cheese and salsa, large decaf with sweetener

S. Cottage cheese with sf raspberry jam.

L. Shrimp provencal appetiser 

S. might not neet one, but will bring a Quest bar just in case

D. Not sure, if the weather holds may go out for dinner, if it doesn't I have leftovers from last night

S. Greek yogurt

Have a good day everyone

Onward and
Downward

on 9/6/14 12:10 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I was eyeballing that shrimp provencal appetizer too! Decided on the mussels though. But I just might change my mind. LOL.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 9/6/14 1:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

That particular shrimp appetizer is quite delightful. I think the mussels are probably the only thing I haven't tried on their menu, mainly cause I hate them. lol

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 9/6/14 12:09 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hi Barb! Well, at least you know what to expect. :) And at least the calories are okay, so as you say, it will only be temporary.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Karen's lunch today!  Just checking out the menu now so I can plan my day. I am also happy to be back down to 181-182 this morning (not officially - WW weigh in is tomorrow morning) so I'm going to try to stay on the straight and narrow today in order to have a good week on the scale tomorrow.  

I have some canvassing to do for the municipal election when I get back from the lunch, so hoping to add lots of steps onto the FitBit doing that. :) And I'm not sure what our plans are for tonight. Probably leftovers from last night - I ended up making homemade thin crust pizza with ground pork spiced with jerk sauce, because I noticed fresh whole wheat pizza dough at a cheese factory I went to yesterday. So, the supper plans changed. I ended up getting two pizzas out of one ball of dough because the ball was big, and because I spread it quite thin. 

1 YEAR, 10 MONTHS POST-RNY (exactly, tomorrow!)

B - 1 egg omelette with mushrooms and onions, on 1/2 of a 9 grain ciabatta bun (ran out of p28!), with a few cherry tomatoes on the side (6 WW points)

S - 1/2 a Quest bar and perhaps a small apple (2 WW points)

L - PEI mussels marinara from the Clarkson Pump menu - I love mussels! Nice to see that there. Good protein hit, too. (5 WW points for 24)

S - Probably my usual ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with a sliced Ontario peach on top. (5 WW points)

D - Leftover jerk pork pizza - 1 slice, plus some cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and some wild blueberries on the side to stop me from going back for more pizza! (9 WW points)

S - A couple of skim milk cappucinos (1 WW point)

TOTAL WW POINTS: 28 

NUTRITION TOTALS: 1240 calories, 118 carbs, 45g fat, 73g protein, 24g fiber

Lots of carbs, but mostly from fruit and veggies, so I'm okay with that.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Zizzler
on 9/6/14 12:10 am

Had another "attack" of severe low mood and extreme anxiety and depression last night for a few hours, I posted about that separately on the board.  I ate about 10 sour cream and onion chips yesterday and am not happy with myself but it was an emergency so will not beat myself up too much.  I do not keep chips in my house so I drove out and bought a mini bag. Today I am back eating clean starting with a protein shake and feel normal again but afraid it will keep happening, especially at work. Not happy that I have to throw away food because I could not eat it in time, I hate wasting food but I know it will happen now sometimes.  Will be going to the gym to do some cycling today and/or walking the dogs.

b - protein shake - chocolate with frozen banana and skim milk, multi plus b12

s - protein sf hot chocolate, calcium citrate/D

l - cold cut roll - piri piri chicken, bf ham, lf swiss, baby dills, mustard.  I love this combo.

s - sf Dasani, calcium citrate/D

d - lemon pepper tilapia with canned asparagus spears

s - protein pudding

1 h before bed - meds, omega 3, vit d

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Patm
on 9/6/14 1:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Had to go out early this morning so just getting to my menu. TTC north on the Yonge line is screwed up so drove my DH to work. Did some shopping while there. Then rushed home to take the dog for a walk. Looks like my lunch will be quite a few calories but the rest of the day is low so not too bad. Also I may not eat it all.

I need to get over the fact that my fitbit makes me look like I am not am not moving with only 7500 steps. I put in the fact I swam and it told me I could eat 4, 000 calories. I am lucky if I caould eat 1000 without gaining.

b greek yogurt, granols

s peach

l spinach salad with shrimp and chicken

s probably nothing

d salmon, salad, carrot.  9this may change after I go to costco)

s grapes

cal 858, carb 64, prot 70.7

Most Active