What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 9/3/14 9:27 pm

Good morning everyone.  The kale salad from the bag that you make yourself is so good, but I also like the sweet kale salad you get at the deli counter, which you can buy in small containers.  I won't be able to have salad for a few months, but that is one of my favourites.  Everyone's menu looks so yummy, Barb Shepherds Pie is my husbands favourite.  He doesn't like it made the proper way with lamb, but he can go through two helpings of the one made with beef.  Today my menu will be designed so that I can use up the things that are near expiry in the fridge and use up leftovers.  It's off to swim fit in a few minutes.

7 weeks post-op

B. Syntrax Cappuccino protein coffee in the car on the way to swim fit

S. Poached egg on smoked salmon with 1T Hollandaise

L. 1/2 crab cake with 1T hollandaise, 3 scalllops

S. another Source yogurt

D. Artichoke and Asiago dip, ricotta, mozzerella and pasta sauce.

S. Source yogurt

Have a great day

birdiegirl
on 9/3/14 9:34 pm

I still call it Shepherds Pie...though it really is Cottage Pie as I also make it with beef.  My DH is peeling the potatoes as I write.  That's the deal as I really hate peeling 10 pounds of spuds to make his favorite dish.

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/14 11:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

RNY  5 months post op

B - Yoplait sugar free greek yogurt with 12 raspberries - 8 Grms protein

S - heart healthy nuts - 9 grms protein 

L - 3 oz Rainbow trout, peas and corn, salad - 26 grm protein

d- 3 oz Rainbow trout, peas and corn, salad - 26 grm protein 

S - Sugar free Mr freeze small - 4

3 * 500 ML + water

Have a great day!

kellybelly333
on 9/3/14 11:31 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning,

My run was Amazing this morning! I'm so happy! I did hills, and my pace was awesome and I feel great! Yay! 

3.5 years Post-RNY - Marathon Training (Oct. 19th)

B: goat yogurt mix

S: quest bar

L: hoping they have the spinach turkey meatballs that I didn't get yesterday and kale salad

S: apple

D: steak kabobs and couscous salad

Numbers are low for the running i'm doing. I'll probably throw a banana in there. Carbs are supposed to be more than protein for me...which is hard to do, but as long as my protein is over 90, then I feel pretty good about it

Totals: Cal: 990 Carbs: 90 Fat: 41 Protein: 92 Fibre: 29 Sugar: 20

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 9/3/14 11:57 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It amazes me how active you are and how little you eat. Makes me think I am eating way too much

Patm
on 9/4/14 12:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Great to see so many posting. Work today then biking home. I will also have to walk the dog at some point so should get enough exercise. I have not put a snack for tonight. I really need to shop for food but will probably not get to the store until Saturday. The worst is I am out of yogurt. I might stop on the way home to get some.

b protein+ with milk and coffee

s 2 baby bel

l ham and pea soup

s pure protein bar

d chicken with salsa and cabbage salad

s not sure

cal 955, carb 70, prot 104.6

Zizzler
on 9/4/14 1:29 am

Feeling a whole lot better today, a lot more positive too. A couple of quotes I really liked yesterday and helped calm me during this time of rapid change:

"What can I control with these two hands?" - Dwayne Johnson

"Just do what you can, the rest has a way of sorting itself out" - Criminal Minds (love that show)

It is so easy to forget to stay in the moment.  Yesterday I felt was a turning point in my mindset after surgery.  I feel more relaxed, less anxious, more focused.

I am still off after surgery so my day is pretty open, which is nice but I do well with more structure.  So today I am going to try to create a loose schedule for myself and stick to it if possible.  Going to the gym for some recumbent cycling.

3 weeks post-op tomorrow!

B - chocolate protein shake with multivitamin and banana blended in

L - calcium, homemade turkey chilli with tex mex cheese and greek yogurt, one baby dill pickle

S - calcium, cottage cheese with unsweetened fruit salad cup or coldcut and cheese roll

D - not sure, will see what I feel like having - may be leftovers

S - protein hot chocolate made with sf chocolate almond breeze (so so good)

Will have to remember this morning - feeling good!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active