RYN

Darbaybe_2014
on 9/3/14 10:58 pm - Kitchener, Canada

As a new person to these boards I need to ask , what does PSA stand for? 

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

56sunShine14
on 9/4/14 1:15 am

PSA means Public Service Announcement, it was a snide remark against the OP and in support of Karen M

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/14 11:01 pm

I think Karen wants us to be educated on what surgery we are having.I will say going into surgery I was not and I am learning from day to day.I don't think she is being mean.

Maybe a little snarky.Not being a biatch. There are so many things we just let our doctors tell us and we do not research.

Darbaybe_2014
on 9/3/14 11:13 pm - Kitchener, Canada

Hi basset I believe that as well....but this is one of the problems with online written  communication....the person receiving the message usually does not receive the message the way the sender intended....and there is a lot of misunderstandings and unintended consequences...People have different personalities and different ways of expressing themselves and when done face to face we can see the humour attached to the message, or hear the concern in their voice, or the passion in the message. Obviously there are members on this board who have been here a very long time and who have achieved remarkable success and have a wealth of wisdom and info to share. I appreciate when those folks share. Karen has great knowledge and is very passionate about  bariatric surgery ,I can see that. I also see she has a little edge to her which is part of her personality....AND I have seen this in the short time I have been posting on these boards...I would just encourage everyone to be gentle with each other and share your wisdom and ideas in a manner that will not bring hurt or pain to folks already suffering. 

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/14 1:00 am

I totally agree.Karen has been very helpful and so have the other vets on the website. I am a very thin skinned person and over sensitive sometimes. I do believe at times I do need a gentle approach then sometimes I need a kick in the pants to get myself back together. 

Emotions run wild before and after surgery. 

Jen H.
on 9/3/14 11:41 pm - Davie, FL
RNY on 09/09/14

Karen's post made me laugh...as did Grumpy Cat.  There wasn't anything mean about it.  Good grief, there are plenty of things in the world to be offended by...this isn't one of them.

Most Active