RYN

Bonnie250
on 8/30/14 1:10 am
RNY on 08/25/14

TracyLynn2BThin AND LittleMiss2013 are exactly RIGHT. Someone new to this sight shouldnt be chastised and talked down to or belittled. As stated This should be a website that we can come to with SUPPORT,UNDERSTANDING, and NON-JUDGEMENT.   So what if RYN should be RNY? 

Go**** took me a long time to figure out what all the acronyms meant: such as NSV, WLS,NUT,etc....no one should call out another newbie because they dont get everything perfect right away~

Bonnie

56sunShine14
on 8/30/14 1:23 am

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

BeccaE1
on 8/30/14 2:05 am
VSG on 10/21/14 with

Well Said!

Hanneli xoxo
on 9/3/14 10:28 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

seriously? what ever. THIS is a VERY serious surgery and if someone doesn't even know the NAME of it they need to rethink it.. or do a LOT more research.. chastise me if you want, but I agree with Karen... I have seen many people post op call it RYN!

DarleneTay
on 8/30/14 5:14 am
TES
on 8/30/14 8:00 am - Ottawa, Canada

Made me laugh!  

Thanks Karen :)

Darbaybe_2014
on 9/3/14 10:50 pm - Kitchener, Canada

you are all scaring me :(

As a new person to these boards I am very selective on what I take in....I do see some drama on here and I have felt as a new person I need to be very careful what  I post..I am well educated and I DO know the surgery I am hoping to have...with that said I also make ALOT of typos....for goodness sakes  is it possible it was just a typo? 

I have also seen some snide remarks and I usually try to just ignore them...but I have to agree there really was no need for that picture to be posted or the remark to be made.  With that said I also don't know the motivation behind it....Possibly Karen was just trying to educate and be helpful....however   I sense that someone , was left feeling ****ty about it...well maybe a few people...

For me when I first saw the picture I really didn't know what it meant...I thought it was us saying NO to food  " Ummm Nooooo" LOL..... 

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

Hanneli xoxo
on 9/3/14 10:53 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

It is clearly not a typo when it is referred to that at multiple times in one post.

56sunShine14
on 9/4/14 1:14 am

You're right, it may not have been a "typo".  It may have been a case of Dyslexia tho and the OP should not have been ridiculed about that.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Hanneli xoxo
on 9/3/14 10:26 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

LOL... Thanks for this PSA, Karen!

Most Active