The waiting is so hard

DarleneTay
on 8/27/14 11:49 pm

Thanks Meggles!! That really did help me very much!

Now I just have to confirm they have my referral.  :)Good luck with your journey!  I love to keep in touch and see how things are going :)

SoBell71
on 8/28/14 10:54 am - Canada

Hi there, I too am in the exact same boat as you! Waiting for confirmation they even got my referral, that apparently has been faxed in 3 times! I guess I will call the bariatric registry tomorrow.  I want to start this journey to my new life! 

DarleneTay
on 8/28/14 2:22 pm

Hi SoBell,, yup the waiting is hard. It feels like endless calls to try and just confirm they have your referral. Once I know they have it, I will relax more.  when I called the Bariatric Registry on Monday there was only an answering machine.  They did say that if my family Dr had not received confirmation within 3 weeks of sending a referral they should call the Registry. I spoke with my GP office today and they called. The machine said they were on vacation till Sept 14th (around there)..soooooo... wait again I guess. But I've heard some people say they received their info pack with orientation date in the mail before they ever heard anything from their GP. I keep going to the mail with anticipation and usually I don't because it is usually only bills! lol

softballqueen89
on 9/9/14 4:58 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

I'm also waiting.  "Apparently" the referral from my doctor went through in August after sitting on it for 6 weeks.  Sounds like the wait times at HRRT are pretty long.  I think I will be corralled to that hospital too.

Where did you get the phone number for the registry?  Do they actually pick up the phone, or is it automated?

Glad to see I'm not the only one :)

Referral: 08.13.14  Orient (TWH): 11.05.14  Social: 11.27.14  Nurse Prac: 12.10.14  Psych: 01.12.15 Nutrition Class: 11.18.14  Scope: 01.06.15  Dietician: 12.12.14  Meet Surgeon: 02.06.15  Pre-Op Testing: 02.18.15  SURGERY DATE: 02.24.15 (Dr. Okrainec)    

ronshoneygirl23
on 8/28/14 4:44 am

Hi Everyone, another newbie here. I have a similar story to tell. Referral was put in March 2014, Orientation at Humber River next Thursday. Really don't know how long until surgery. Have been dealing with a lot of upcoming events and didn't know if I would be able to go through with the GBP. I am going for bilateral knee replacements this fall as well so didn't know if I could do both. I was advised by my family physician to go through with the process. Now feeling the support of you all. I feel more confident with my decision daily. I know this will be well worth the wait to be healthy and spend time using my new knees in a wise way. Thanks everyone

Christy

need_to_run_81
on 8/28/14 1:06 pm

Christy,

I'll be at HRRH for orientation next Thursday, too.  My referral was sent at the end of June.

haynestasha
on 8/28/14 4:24 pm

It feels likes its gonna be the longest 3 months ever but so anxious to see the outcome and the change .

NikkyBeauty
on 8/28/14 7:32 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Oh man do I sympathize! I'm currently playing what I call "the waiting game" my dr said she would refer me 7/30 insurance didn't receive referral until 8/12 called insurance 8/25 was told my referral was approved and would be hearing from the coordinator the next day, called again 8/27 was told it was a mistake and my referral was not complete it was in the final stages and could take up to 4 weeks before I hear anything! So here I am back at square one! I don't know if it matters that you gain weight before your orientation I mean hell, that's why you need the damn surgery! Me personally I know it's going to be a long process so I'm trying to get down 50lbs before surgery and just let the surgery take it on home from there. I know how to lose weight but I don't know how to keep it off so I need the help (not to mention I physically feel like HELL all the time) but good luck and although I'm not sure if this was helpful I just wanted you to know I feel your pain!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

DarleneTay
on 8/29/14 2:23 am

Hi Nikky,,,well reading your struggle, I feel your pain also!! It is a horrible battle isn't it.  I know I should be trying to loose weight right now also.  But I'm so frustrated with it all.  I'm the type that once I decide to do something, I want it done "yesterday"  lol.  I'm thinking I will start making some subtle changes, like stopping diet coke. Then go from there with other challenges that I know I will face when I finally do get the surgery. Good luck with everything!!

Most Active