What are you eating/doing today

Patm
on 8/23/14 11:06 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. I guess everyone is sleeping in. We went camping last week. Did some biking and long walks. Went to a camp ground called The Pinery. Really nice park. One day we were doing a long bike ride. It would appear my husband is not as fit as he thought he was. It started to rain so I suggested heading back. It seems he had been hoping for quite a while we would head back. It was only 15kms. I need to get him out on his bike more.

We ended up in London for one night on the way back. Heated pool so did some swimming. I think I will get back into swimming again this fall. I really need the upper body workout.

My eating was not great when I was away. But still lost .5 lbs. Just imagine what I could have done if I had behaved. Back to better eating today

I am still off work this week. So will do stuff around the house. If the weather stays over cast today I will do a lot of gardening. Not much walking but still tiring. We are having company Thursday so need to clean up.

B. oatmeal, blueberries

L chili, dessert yogurt

S skim milk, protein powder, peach

D pork tenderloin, cabbage salad

S dessert yogurt

C880, carb 113.2 prot 82.6

Zizzler
on 8/24/14 12:05 am

Post-op pureed stage

Good morning Pat, your camping sounds lovely.  I adore biking outdoors and hope to be able to do it again soon. Last night I went to the movies for the first time since surgery. Thought it would be really hard with all the junk but I was ok.  I brought a drink from home and felt satisfied. Amazing how unhealthy movie snacks are.  Only thing I could have had would have been bottled water.  Really enjoyed the smell of popcorn. I saw "Hercules" and his muscles made me happy. lol  Today I will be doing grocery shopping to buy pureed stuff like hummus. May walk the dogs later as it looks pretty nice out today. 

B - blended protein powder with strawberry, mango, peach, banana, and cottage cheese (added multivitamin to it)

L - diluted orange juice blended with protein, calcium pills, and ice 

S - diluted white grape juice

D - leftover organic local turnip and yellow bean purees (they taste amazing)

S - leftover organic local turnip and yellow bean purees

Protein: 80g

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

crqvingchange
on 8/24/14 12:27 am

Good morning everyone.  Zizzler your menu looks good for pureed.  Pat I signed up for Aqua Cycle that starts in September, but I'm afraid that I'm too out of shape to jump right in, so on Monday I am going to Aqua Cardio in the shallow end.  I'm am hoping it is not a really intense class and that they won't whoop my butt too bad and that I can at least finish the class.  I found a protein pancake mix at Bulk Barn.  The flavour I bought was Apple Cinnamon.  The first ingredient is oat flour then whey protein isolate then fibers.  They also had Banana Hazelnut.  It has 17g of protein for 1/2 cup batter.

5 weeks post-op

B. 1 small protein pancake with sugar free maple syrup. Decaf coffee with Splenda Hazelnut sweetener

S. 1 Greek 50 yogurt blueberry

L. Refried beans, salsa, shredded Habanero cheese, low fat sour cream

S. Syntrax Cappuccino protein coffee while weeding in the garden

D. 1/4 cup whole wheat pasta, with Unjury protein cheese sauce.

S. chocolate protein icecream

Have a good day everyone,

Zizzler
on 8/24/14 1:36 am

Was the pancake batter in bulk or in a package?  What are the sugars/carbs like?  Sounds yummy!  I will keep that in mind for the future.

crqvingchange
on 8/24/14 6:20 am

The pancake batter was in a package, called Flap Jacked.  They had 3 flavours.  The sugars were good because there are no added sugars. It does have carbs, but not too bad, they're from the whole grain oat flour.  Decent amount of fibre.  Found it in Bulk Barn.  Once you mix the batter let it sit for 10 minutes, package says less.  This lets it fluff up a bit and be less runny.  Flavour wasn't bad, but I could only eat 1/4 of a serving.

Zizzler
on 8/24/14 11:53 am

will check it out, thanks.

Patm
on 8/24/14 2:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Agua cycle sounds hard. I have never heard of this. I am kind of picky where I will go in the water. I get cold easy

crqvingchange
on 8/24/14 6:23 am

Pat, I had never heard of it niether, but when I was at the swim centre reading the class schedule, I thought "What the heck I'll give it a go" and driving home I thought "What the heck have I gotten myself into".  The water temp is between 82-84 they say.

Patm
on 8/24/14 10:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That's my type of temperature

Patm
on 8/24/14 2:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Wasn't sure if I wanted to see Hercules but the muscles sounds good. LOL I tend to take my own snacks to movies now. Harder when you are on puree

Most Active