4 month long stall?

Katiebear291
on 8/24/14 1:22 am, edited 8/24/14 1:23 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Thnk you all for your replies.  I don't know if I can really reduce my calories very much - I seem to have a lot of lows if i don't eat enough.

I barely have any extra energy as it is.

I will be working on my water intake and I have a neighbor who has agreed to start being my gym buddy next week - I am on a military base so the only gym here is sure intimidating cause it is all the fit army guys and it is almost always super busy.

There really aren't the last pounds - I am only half way to goal.  I only got 4 months of actual losing from this surgery  - feeling kinda cheated :(

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

Karen M.
on 8/24/14 1:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

When was the last time you had blood work done?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

willspear
on 8/24/14 2:03 am
VSG on 06/23/14

I'd re evaluate and ensure you are accurately measuring food. 

1 liter of h20 is way short of any recommendation I've seen. 2 is just about the minimum. 

If you are eating 100grams of protein "eating clean" and still have room for stuff like brown rice you are likely eating more than you think which happens to lots of people myself included. I buy a lot of pre portioned stuff just to aid in that fact. 

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/24/14 5:44 am, edited 8/24/14 5:44 am - Windsor, Canada

Usually at a certain point we get a little lax about measuring and recording.  We often aren't absolutely honest with ourselves too. At least I can be like that. 

I highly suggest getting out measuring cups again and using myfitnesspal if you have not lately.  It's really easy to think we are getting in small amounts when we are going over. Look at the ratio of protein to carbs. I often have to double my protein to carbs to lose. Just a thought anyway. If you are doing these things you may just find loss will be very slow as your body may be at a setpoint

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

LittleMiss2013
on 8/24/14 1:52 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I am 10 months out and I have been stuck at the same 10 pounds since about 7-8 months out. I was at 207 for EVER and then recently got down to 197 now....but now I am going between 196 and 200. I honestly think you hit a point that your body is "Happy" at and to get down further I would have to starve or work like a dog, lol. I can go for 2 weeks barely eating anything just because I don't have an appetite. Then go a week where it feels like I want to eat everything in sight.

I think it is tied to my cycle...but I also think drinking protein shakes (or eating enough protein) IS important to help even a few pounds come off. I don't exercise for physical reasons...but I do walk. This is where my body wants to be according to my average daily physical activity and calories....so i guess if I want to lose any more I will have to eat even less calories or work out =/

I plan to ask at my one year about it. Do post if you find a "cure", lol

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

birdiegirl
on 8/24/14 10:50 pm

Its not what we want to hear....but you can pretty much guarantee you are in a stall - or more accurately not losing - due to over consumption

Get on myfitnesspal and accurately measure and track your intake.  Get 100 grams of protein per day.  This is your JOB  for the next 6 months.  You will get to goal if you make some changes.  The surgery will do 1/2 the work...but you have to do the rest.

I am a firm believer that exercise will not magically make you lose weight.  Proper eating is key.  Exercise will make you feel better both mentally and physically, but its not the panacea to weight loss.

Katie- you have time to get this done.  Only you know how accurate your eating has been- and only you can decide to change the course.  I hope you choose to change.

Good luck

MindyMac51
on 8/24/14 11:23 pm

I agree you're in a stall, and that tracking your intake and increasing your protein to 100 gr. a day will help. You are not done losing by any means. You just need to adjust your diet and exercise.  

It's not just calories, it's the ratio of Proreins-carbs-fats that can make all the difference. I think you should drop the brown rice and other carbs as much as possible. If your metabolism is like mine, any carbs -- Even the whole grains -- can easily stall your weight loss. I just checked and according to MFP 1 cup of long-grain brown rice has 216 cal. with a whopping 44 gr. of CARBS, and only 5 gr. of PROTEIN. Not a ratio that will help you lose weight. Keeping to a diet plan with very LOW carbs should help get you out of this stall. Yes, you may need to make up for the decrease in fiber. Benefiber, miralax, etc. should help. Good luck! 

Katiebear291
on 8/25/14 2:16 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Thank you all for your replies.

I have been trying to get all my protein from food but I am thinking I should add in a protein shake or two a day.

I make a lot of home made recipes like protein bars and muffins but I would imagine the shakes themselves would be a better use of calories - I am just worried about getting my calorie count too low to somewhere I can't reduce in the future.

Lately I have gotten onto MFP and pulled out my food scale and measuring cups for every meal.  so I have been tracking as well as I can manage.

my last blood work was done at 6 mo and they said everything was fine.  dietician at 3 mo said I wasn't eating enough carbs so I have been trying to ensure I incorporate them so when I say i have brown rice it is only ever 1-2 tbsp max.

I will definitely take all your advice into account - Thank you so much for the support and reminders.  Sometimes it is just nice to hear it and get a swift kick in the butt to get back on track.  I think I am following all the rules and didn't notice that maybe I have bent them into a way to make them fit and make life easier or something.

I appreciate you all taking the time to post.  It has been a big help!

Lolabug
on 8/25/14 6:25 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

I recently read elsewhere that someone was in your position and tried calorie cycling. Basically, one day they ate 1200 calories, one day 800, etc. Net for the week was the same as always and they ended up losing. You basically need to do something to shake up your body. Also, are you tracking inches?

Katiebear291
on 8/25/14 10:29 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Happy to report that I lost 2 lbs since yesterday just by upping my water intake to 3-4L . May have something to do with my being sick right now too but still it is the lowest weight I have ever been. Thank you all so much I will keep working on all you suggested.

Most Active