My Birthday Gift to me

highlandbear
on 8/23/14 12:56 pm - Canada

I have not taken holidays in 3 years so for my Birthday I took Friday off and Monday so I would have 4 days off work and it is feeling great. That is one gift I have given myself.

So what do I do on Friday I go to a Yoga class and afterwards my friend rides her bike as I run 9k up hill than into the woods and spend 3 hours running ending up at home. Where I shower and 3 of us head out to the Peach Festival. The run was another gift to myself but was that enough. No.

Today my friend and I went on a bike ride that was around 30k one way and if you go one way you just have to ride back. I said to her OK I have done my run, did a bike ride so what do I do now on my Birthday and without missing a beat she said rest.

What an amazing friend to do this with me and what a way to celebrate getting older. These are things I would have never been able to do 4 1/2 years ago.

Doing the Iron Girl Triathlon was an early gift to myself and I am pretty sure in three years I will be doing a half iron man to celebrate getting older.

My last gift to myself is going to go and get the word Believe tattoo on me. If you do not believe in yourself don't expect other people to believe in you. When I am out there hurting and sore I just think believe you can do it and I have always finished the races.

When it is your Birthday go and celebrate it by doing something that you could not do before you had the surgery. it is an amazing feeling and sure helps you from thinking about getting older. 

Patm
on 8/23/14 10:22 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What a great way to celebrate age and mobility. Congratulations on your birthday

highlandbear
on 8/23/14 10:26 pm - Canada

Thanks instead of getting down about my Birthday like I use to you I now do things to make me feel good about it.

Karen M.
on 8/24/14 12:22 am - Mississauga, Canada

A truly HAPPY birthday to you Barb. XO

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

highlandbear
on 8/24/14 11:50 am - Canada

Thanks Karen. It just feels great that i am getting older and I am more active than when I was younger. 

Zizzler
on 8/24/14 1:55 am

Wow that is awesome, happy birthday!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

1HealthyMomma
on 8/24/14 8:58 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

That's a great way to look at things. Thanks for making me smile.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Most Active